12-14-2011 12:20 AM
Hello beaglenerd, welcome.
Hold the power button down until it shuts off, then restart and enter the repair options to see if the OS can repair the errors if not then enter system restore and restore the system to a time when there was no problem shutting down etc. It is possibly and update which has made the system hang, and a restart will be all it needs.
if you do a ALT+CTRL+DEL and start task manager, you should see the running process that's "not responding"
Hope this helps?
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)