Question

Honor Student
zaya
Message 1 of 6 (3,592 Views)

My laptop is not starting and the screen is black

Hi all, 

i have Hp pavilion dv4-1125nr laptop. Few days ago when i tried to turn on my laptop it didn't start and screen with the hp logo then freezed. I running through google, other web sites and they said that i should take apart the hard drive, ram and cmos battery. So I did and then when i tried to turn on, the screen won't start, just black but the fan is working and quick launch button leds are lighting. I realized that caps lock and num lock keys are flashing 3 times and pause and flashing 3 times so on. Then i looked hp site and saw the table of sample blink codes. It says it is module error not functional and i have to check memory. But actually i don't understand that what is a module error? It means like my hard drive or ram not fitted correctly? Sorry for my bad english, but hope u guys understand my case and would give me answer.

Tnx.

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 2 of 6 (3,561 Views)

Re: My laptop is not starting and the screen is black

Hi,

It's problem with RAM. Try to reseat the memory module. To reseat the memory module, take the memory module out of the memory slot and then put it back into the slot.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
Honor Student
zaya
Message 3 of 6 (3,512 Views)

hi,

tnx for your reply. I fitted the RAM correctly, now the screens has Hp logo and "Press Esc to enter setup" appears on the bottom left corner but still freezed. I pressed Esc, F8, F9, F10 and if I press several times it beeps. I took my hard drive and when turning on the computer wthout hard drive it enters to setup and i tested my memory and passed. I didn't know what exactly to do and made sure that internal cd/dvd drive is first in the boot order. Can it be my hard drive error?

Honor Student
nega
Message 4 of 6 (2,343 Views)

hai.. I do hav the same prblm...i have a compaq presario CQ40 laptop,nd facing d sam prblm as above.....on pressing start up button,lights wer all on but the monitor is still blank...what shud i do.....plzzzzz help me
Honor Student
nega
Message 5 of 6 (2,342 Views)

can u plz tell...how to reset the memory module....i had no previous experience in handling the internal parts...nd i also dnt knw where these al were located......plzzz plzzz help me
Student
praiseworty
Message 6 of 6 (2,028 Views)

nega wrote:
hai.. I do hav the same prblm...i have a compaq presario CQ42 laptop,nd facing d sam prblm as above.....on pressing start up button,lights wer all on but the monitor is still blank...what shud i do.....plzzzzz help me

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation