Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

my laptop is a notebook pc g72-252. i connect the power source and the orange light is on but i left it to charge for 24hours and the orange light started to blink when i tryed to turn it on the lights blink but the screen didnt turn on . i already bought a new charger and that didnt help can you tell me whats wrong and what do i do to resolve this issue

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi

Please try these steps might help you to fix your issue.

Try a Hard Reset as follows.

1) Remove any devices connected to the notebook.  Shut down the notebook, unplug the AC Adapter and then remove the battery.  Hold  down the Power button for 30 seconds.  Re-insert the battery, plug in the AC Adapter and start the notebook - checked

2) Then incase your are comfortable reseating the Memory & Hard drive from the back panel disconnect it and wait for few seconds connect it and then turn on the unit and have it checked.

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
HP Recommended

that didnt help and how do i reset the memory and hard drive

HP Recommended

Hi

Please find the Web link given below might be helpful for you.

Steps for Removing and Replacing the Hard Disk Drive

Before you begin: Remove the battery.

1. Loosen the two captive P1 Phillips-head screws that secure the hard disk drive cover to the bottom of the notebook.
  2. Use your finger or a flat-bladed tool to lift the edge of the hard disk drive cover and remove it.
  3. Pull up on the Mylar tab to disconnect the hard disk drive connector from the system board.
  4. Unroute the cable from the routing channel built into the base enclosure.
  5. Remove the three 5 mm P1 Phillips-head screws that secure the hard disk drive to the notebook.
  6. Using the Mylar tab on the hard disk drive, lift the hard disk drive from the hard disk drive bay.
  7. Place the hard disk drive in a static dissipative bag.

Hard disk drive replacement

1. Remove the hard disk drive from the static dissipative bag.
  2. Using the Mylar tab, place the hard disk drive into the hard disk drive bay.
  3. Replace the three 5 mm P1 Phillips-head screws that secure the hard disk drive to the notebook.
  4. Route the hard disk drive cable into the routing channel built into the base enclosure.
  5. Align and connect the hard disk drive connector to the system board.
  6. Toe the hard disk drive cover onto the base enclosure.
  7. Tighten the two captive P1 Phillips-head screws. 

Before you begin: Remove the battery.

1. Loosen the three captive P1 Phillips-head screws that secure the memory cover to the bottom of the notebook.
  2. Use your finger or a flat-bladed tool to lift the rear edge of the cover and remove it.

Note: The primary and expansion memory slots are both located under the accessory cover. The primary memory slot is located on the bottom and the expansion memory slot is located on top. If an expansion memory board is installed, it must be removed before the primary memory board can be removed.

3. Push both arms outward simultaneously to release the memory board to the spring tension position.

Caution! When handling a memory board, use care to prevent touching the memory chips on the board. Touching the memory chips could damage or destroy the memory.

4. Grasp the memory board by the edges and pull gently to remove it.
  5. Place the memory board in a static dissipative bag.

Memory boards replacement

1. Remove the memory board from the static dissipative bag.
  2. Locate the alignment slot and align it to the empty board receptacle.
  3. Grasp the memory board by the edges and push gently to replace it.

Caution! When handling a memory board, use care to prevent touching the memory chips on the board. Touching the memory chips could damage or destroy the memory.

4. Press the memory board down to latch the arms.
  5. Toe the memory cover onto the base enclosure.
  6. Tighten the three captive P1 Phillips-head screws.

Memory boards installation

1. Loosen the three captive P1 Phillips-head screws that secure the memory cover to the bottom of the notebook.
  2. Use your finger or a flat-bladed tool to lift the rear edge of the memory cover and remove it.
  3. Remove the memory board from the static dissipative bag.
  4. Locate the alignment slot and align it to the empty board receptacle.
  5. Grasp the memory board by the edge and push gently to install it.

6. Press the memory board down to latch the arms.
  7. Toe the memory cover onto the base enclosure.
  8. Tighten the three captive P1 Phillips-head screws. 

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
HP Recommended

wht should i do

HP Recommended

WOW! I googled that my hp laptop wouldn't start, it lead me here, tried the hard reset and it worked!!! I am SOOO thankful because all I could think about was how I was going to have to get my computer looked at and how horrible the news was going to be! Thank you thank you thank you!!!

HP Recommended

YAAAY The Hard Restart worked. I was scared I was going to have to call a person I know who uses oportunities like this to try to persue a dating relationship with me. Very annoying and dreadful but THANKS TO YOU I dont have to do that THIS TIME!!! THANX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HP Recommended

I put on my lapto but failed to turn on.

What can i do?

HP Recommended

I tried reflow for the black screen of death and it worked once upon a time, I would consider you looking it up or acknowledge that intel chips and graphics cards weren't ment to be.

HP Recommended

Removing power cord and battery, then holding down power switch for two minutes worked great thanks! Note this is the same proceedure for Dell laptops.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.