NVIDIA display driver stopped working and has recovered (1872 Views)
Honor Student
jwoelmer3
Message 1 of 3 (1,872 Views)

NVIDIA display driver stopped working and has recovered

Evertime I pick my laptop up or set it down, the NVIDIA driver shuts down. The screen goes blank and I can do nothing. It recovers itself in a few seconds, but occasionally it will go through with the physical memory dump (blue screen) and reboot the entire system. Thankfully I have not lost anything so far.

I have a HP HDX X16T-1200 CTO on a Windows 7 64-bit.

My NVIDIA driver is a GeForce 9600M GT, version 186.44.
It is a good video card and has worked well with running aero, 3-D applications (solidworks), and resolution of the screen, as well as movies (blu-ray) and etc....

This problem that I have - is it because the video card is lose? Is it safe to take apart my computer for this reason? I have tried updating drivers, and am pretty sure that the software is not the problem. After the driver recovers, all backgrounds go away and it is left with a black background.
This might also be a problem with the GPU or heatsink - the laptop frequently does this when extremely hot.
Go to the top of the page

+
Student
jernigas
Message 2 of 3 (1,752 Views)

Re: NVIDIA display driver stopped working and has recovered

Had the same problem with mine....  Went to Nvidia website and downloaded a new updated driver.  Everything works fine now.  Nvidia will walk you through process.  Just look for downloads at Nvidia .com

Student
badvirgolady
Message 3 of 3 (1,056 Views)

Re: NVIDIA display driver stopped working and has recovered

my nvidia has not recovered and working driver helperservce version 186.44-

is the message i get now, ty

badvirgoladyplz help if u can i dont know much on this at all ty again merry x mas -

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation