Re: Netbook freezes randomly (302 Views)
Student
igityan
Message 1 of 2 (328 Views)

Netbook freezes randomly

It's already 2 years I use the HP mini netbook, and some time ago it started completely freeze very often and randomly. Absolutely everything just freezes suddenly and it doesn't react on any buttons or actions, and would stuck so forever. The only way to shut it down is to remove the battery. If the moment it freezes a music or video is being played, the sound of that moment is also remains on speakers, making the "a-a-a-a-a-a-a" noise.
All drivers and OS (Win7) are up to date, memory tests pass, so I had absolutely no idea what can cause this.
But then I suddenly realized that this hasn't happened when it was operating by AC power. I tried to use both with battery and with power to see what happens, and so far freezing occurs only when operated by battery (it is in good condition and diagnostics also fine). I don't know if this is some coincidence, but now it really happens the netbook keep freezing with battery, but OK when battery is removed and connected to power. So is this possible to be some battery issue? It would be great , however to be sure before ordering a new battery.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated . Thanks in advance.
Regents Professor
AttackofZaq
Message 2 of 2 (302 Views)

Re: Netbook freezes randomly

[ Edited ]

Hello igityan.  I understand your notebook is freezing.

You stated that you ran the diagnostics on the memory.  Did you also run the diagnostics on the hard drive?  Hard drive issues are one of the most common causes of blue screens and freezes.  This document has instructions for testing the hard drive.

Also, you should run the System File Check command to ensure that none of your important system files are corrupted.  Try the following.

1. Click Start, type "cmd," and press Enter.
  2. Type the "sfc /scannow" command and press Enter.
  3. Allow it to complete and post the result.

Let me know the results.  Have a wonderful day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

I work for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation