Question

Honor Student
Kittykat1972
Message 1 of 5 (1,940 Views)

New HP ENVY won't start up

I just bought an HP ENVY m6 8GB I used it few times just to get used to windows 8 but haven't done anything wrong and for the past three days I been trying to get it to start but not happening. It turns on ask for my password and that's about it. It won't start up windows 8 or nothing like that. It change from password screen to an image that came with that shows time battery life and a monitor with a red x all this at the left bottom corner of the screen... Please help .....
Honor Student
Kittykat1972
Message 2 of 5 (1,931 Views)

Re: New HP ENVY won't start up

I can't even get pass the password screen, what can I do??? Please help me!!!
Distinguished Professor
Kyle_W
Message 3 of 5 (1,914 Views)

New HP ENVY won't start up

Could you please give me the exact model number of your notebook?

You can use the following document if you need assistance in finding it.

http://goo.gl/GDeRb
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Tutor
dillinger86
Message 4 of 5 (1,154 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi I have an HP Envy m6 1205DX notebook PC 
System ID 18A6
BIOS F.20
product ID D1C68UA#ABA
Serial number {Personal Information Removed}

at first I had the (enter administrator password or power on password) problem & you guys helped me with that and now it won't even boot up to win8. I can get into BIOS & the f2, & Esc, functions, also f11 to recover but it will not recover it just sits there for hours & does nothing. It will not even boot from a CD even though I changed the boot order in BIOS.
any advice would be so appraciated.

Regents Professor
AttackofZaq
Message 5 of 5 (1,145 Views)

dillinger86 wrote:

Hi I have an HP Envy m6 1205DX notebook PC 
System ID 18A6
BIOS F.20
product ID D1C68UA#ABA
Serial number {Personal Information Removed}

at first I had the (enter administrator password or power on password) problem & you guys helped me with that and now it won't even boot up to win8. I can get into BIOS & the f2, & Esc, functions, also f11 to recover but it will not recover it just sits there for hours & does nothing. It will not even boot from a CD even though I changed the boot order in BIOS.
any advice would be so appraciated.

Hello dillinger86.

I suggest you run the diagnostic on your hard drive.  This document has the instructions.

Let me know the result.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation