Question

Student
Larry785
Message 1 of 2 (692 Views)

No TPM or TPM has Problem

[ Edited ]

I have an HP Pavillion dv6660se (notice the three sixes):smileysurprised: that will not boot.

Bios Version F.32, Bios says HP Pavillion dv6500 notebook PC

It says "operating system not found" At one minute & 23 seconds after hitting power button. One minute & 10 seconds after hitting F10 it arrives in the bios setup utility (long time!).

First thing I do is go over to the Diagnostics and select "Primary Hard Disk Self Test", It has a "Hard Disk Self Test" with [ENTER], below that, it says " Estimated test Time: Diagnostics not supported" and then below that "Test Status: No IDE Device"

Memory Diagnostic test shows it passed; "Result: #10000- Passed" 

This is strange because the primary hard drive is SATA, not IDE. The drive test fine in another computer.     

The laptop won't boot from the CD-ROM either. I don't have USB booting stuff; not tested 

Hard Reset: removed the button cell, performed reset. Date shows 01/01/2007 loaded bios defaults; Same issue 

Honor Student
Message 2 of 2 (668 Views)

Re: No TPM or TPM has Problem

I'm having the same problem as you discribed on my Laptop (Compaq Presario F763N-R.  I have been fighting it for over a week now.  Same results as what you got, ie, no cd rom, no hard drive.  If you find out how to fix this let me know please.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation