Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (747 Views)

No TPM or TPM has Problem

[ Edited ]

I have an HP Pavillion dv6660se (notice the three sixes)Smiley Surprised that will not boot.

Bios Version F.32, Bios says HP Pavillion dv6500 notebook PC

It says "operating system not found" At one minute & 23 seconds after hitting power button. One minute & 10 seconds after hitting F10 it arrives in the bios setup utility (long time!).

First thing I do is go over to the Diagnostics and select "Primary Hard Disk Self Test", It has a "Hard Disk Self Test" with [ENTER], below that, it says " Estimated test Time: Diagnostics not supported" and then below that "Test Status: No IDE Device"

Memory Diagnostic test shows it passed; "Result: #10000- Passed" 

This is strange because the primary hard drive is SATA, not IDE. The drive test fine in another computer.     

The laptop won't boot from the CD-ROM either. I don't have USB booting stuff; not tested 

Hard Reset: removed the button cell, performed reset. Date shows 01/01/2007 loaded bios defaults; Same issue 

Honor Student
Message 2 of 2 (723 Views)

Re: No TPM or TPM has Problem

I'm having the same problem as you discribed on my Laptop (Compaq Presario F763N-R.  I have been fighting it for over a week now.  Same results as what you got, ie, no cd rom, no hard drive.  If you find out how to fix this let me know please.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation