Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

I have a pavillion Dv6, and I'm having a problem with the computer simply shutting off when the battery is running low. It happened today when the battery was at 35%, and it gave no warning of low battery or anything. It didn't even go through the shutdown process... it just shut off immediately.

I checked my settings, and the computer is supposed to go to sleep at 10%, and shut down at 5%. I'm running Windows 7 x64. Let me know if you have any advice.

31 REPLIES 31
HP Recommended

Hi Drummer89,  do you have HP support assistant installed on your laptop? If so, perform the following steps"

1. Open HP Support Assistant

2. Click "Troubleshoot"

3. Click "Power, Thermal and Mechanical"

4. Click the "Power" tab

5. Click "Battery Check" in the Resources section.

It may be your battery is out of "sync" with your laptop.

If you don't have HP Support assistant installed, click start>help. and type Battery, or calibrate battery.

Please let me know if this helps. 

HP Recommended

I ran a battery check, and it is telling me that I need to replace my battery. My laptop is less than a year old :smileysad:...

HP Recommended

Dang-it! Well--at least it's not the laptop.

I'm not sure if the battery is covered; probably not . Check online---there could be some deals on the web!

Good luck

HP Recommended

well, i am experiencing the exact same problem. my laptop is less than 6 months old. and hp suport assistant says that my battery is working perfectly.. goig mad with this issue... 8th time today its turning off on me... i thought it was coz my battery is over heating...but the last two times that it had  happened,it was perfectly normal tempratures... some one help me !!

HP Recommended

i'm having the same problem but the battery is ok :S

HP Recommended

hey somebody help!!! im having the same exact problem too with DV6 😞 and my laptop is less than  ayear old.. and when i checked my battery it says its working properly

HP Recommended

same... no solutions yet?

HP Recommended

My dv7 is doing exactly the same thing...shutting down with no warning with about 35% battery power left.  I've run HP Support Asst Health Check (ok), Battery Check (good), calibrated the battery, downloaded all Windows updates, installed IE 9,0, and whatever else I could think of to no avail.  It's still shutting down with no warning...  I hope someone figures this out and post a solution soon! 

HP Recommended

i recently updated to norton 360 do you have that also?

maybe that's causing the problem?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.