Num Lock and Caps Lock Blinking twice (698 Views)
Student
vikasnd
Message 1 of 3 (698 Views)

Num Lock and Caps Lock Blinking twice

Hi, I have a problem with a HP tx2z 1300 laptop.

It has decided to no longer boot, and never displays anything on the screen.  When powered on, the power light light up, and instantly the num lock and caps lock light blink 2x and pause before repeating over again.  HPs site tells me the BIOS is corrupt based on the lights blinking.

So, how does one fix a corrupt bios when the laptop does not boot? Does this have to be sent in for repair, and if so does anyone have an estimate for this repair?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Vikas

Distinguished Professor
kamatr
Message 2 of 3 (691 Views)

Re: Num Lock and Caps Lock Blinking twice

Its a motherboard related issue and it would cost you around 300-350$ if the notebook is sent in for repair. 

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!
Professor
Charles001
Message 3 of 3 (684 Views)

Re: Num Lock and Caps Lock Blinking twice

Vikas, the blinking of num lock/caps lock is an error code, see this document for more details: http://h10010.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&docname=c01732674&product=1132551

blink 2x and pause, in most cases, indicate "bios corruption" - likely the motherboard needs to be replaced, but there is a chance it is fixable if the notebook can still be flashed with a new bios. You might want call HP tech support for help and see if that is an option on your model.

======================================================================================
* I am an HP employee. *

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

***Click on White “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!***
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation