Question

Student
Alessios
Message 1 of 2 (302 Views)

Pavilion DV6 Power Saving Problem / Help Needed

Dear All,

I'm having a problem with my Pavilion DV6 2154ee as the laptop almost freezes and the CPU / RAM will reach 95 - 100% of usage when I unplug the charger.

I thought the battery is the problem, but even though I've changed the battery and tried 3 different batteries the problem is still the same.

The problem is mainly because of the Power Options, as whenever I change almost any option, the laptop starts freezing the CPU / RAM usage will reach 100% almost.

I need your help, as I couldn't fugure out any suitable solution.

Product name: HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC - Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Service Pack 1

Best,

HP Support Agent
Dunidar
Message 2 of 2 (280 Views)

Re: Pavilion DV6 Power Saving Problem / Help Needed

Alessios

I would like to direct your attention to a thread where others were having the same issue with the same type of computer. @DavidPK provided some quality advice that resolved the posters issue. I would recommend that you follow the instructions he provided.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Lockups-Freezes-Hangs/My-new-HP-Pavilion-dv6-6120se-freezes-ra...

If you have any further questions or concerns or this does not resolve your issue please re-post.

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation