Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

my hp pavilion dm4, im not sure if I have a warrant or not left but my computer has been making these weird clicking noses and it won’t let me sometimes reboot or when it does it will glitch out with theses clicking noises and I have tried to restore my computer but it won’t even let me do that I think it might be a physical problem to the computer or hp tech problem it happened about 8 months after I got the computer but i need help knowing whats the problem how to find if i have a warrenty and also.were i can take the computer to help it get fixed.

HP Recommended

Hello nikolait,

I see that you are having problem with a clicking noise from your HP computer. I have a couple of suggestions that may help solve your problem.

First thing I would suggest is running a hard drive test on the unit. Here is a link to instructions on running that test.

Please provide the product number of the computer. Here is a link showing how to find that information.

Run the hard drive test and let me know what happens.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

HP Recommended
I too am facing the same problem of a black screen and a coursor blinking. Could you please provide a direct link which would only give me boot manager configurations. I do not have the recovery disk on hand. But i am able to access recovery manager that is installed on the hard drive.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.