Question
Pavilion dv6 blank screen issues).
Replies (30)

Honor Student
pclaxton
Message 11 of 31 (9,708 Views)

Re: Pavilion dv6 blank screen issues).

I have just bought a pavilion dv6, it is having start up problems, has anyone successfully had one of these fixed or should I insist on a full refund. Currently I do not see how this laptop is fit for purpose.

Has anyone else returned one for a full refund, I feel this laptop has an inherent design fault. There are just too many reported problems for a few manufacturing faults

thanks

Honor Student
hpisnotmyfriend
Message 12 of 31 (9,683 Views)

yeah i'm having blank screen problems when i sleep my dv6 and it's brand new. totally fed up with HP. 

Honor Student
pclaxton
Message 13 of 31 (9,600 Views)

I managed to return mine for a full refund as I only had it 2 weeks and bought it direct from HP's web site.  I checked in PCworld on another dv6 and it looks like my trackpad buttons where also faulty. I am glad I managed to get rid of this one, to many problems from day one.

Honor Student
Kenjie18
Message 14 of 31 (9,391 Views)

I have the same black screen problem with my HP Pavilion DV6. I could not proceed to the Bios set up since my laptop just automatically shuts down after a few seconds. There was no CD that was sent together with the package when the unit was delivered to me. Any other alternatives?  I need you help!

Student
BRAHMA
Message 15 of 31 (9,382 Views)

My pavillion dv6 also has similar problem of blank screen and I followed the instruction given and the problem got resolved

J_D Honor Student
Honor Student
J_D
Message 16 of 31 (8,235 Views)

What instructions did you follow?

All they every did for me was a song and dance until the warranty ran out. Then they offered to fix it for a fee.

It turns out they are that stupid and corrupt.

They just keep selling defective products with a song and dance routine.

Honor Student
feduphp
Message 17 of 31 (7,851 Views)

I am still having problems with a black screen. It is under extended warranty but the hard drive passed the diagnostic test.  They say it is due to an operating system corruption or viral infection but I am not so sure.....sometimes the laptop is ok until I move the screen and then it goes black.  Could it be something wrong with the connections to the screen?  The programs are still working in  the background, you can just see them faintly if you look at the screen side on.  Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

Honor Student
niteshkp
Message 18 of 31 (7,827 Views)

Hi,

Is your problem solved?

I am also facing exactly the same problem. If your problem is solved and you know the solution.

Any kind of help would deeply appreciated. 

Nitesh

Honor Student
niteshkp
Message 19 of 31 (7,826 Views)

Hi,

Is your problem solved?

I am also facing exactly the same problem. If your problem is solved and you know the solution, please help me.

Any kind of help would deeply appreciated. 

Nitesh

Honor Student
feduphp
Message 20 of 31 (7,820 Views)

The issue is unresolved at this point. I spoke to the tech who worked on it and after further discussion he said it may be something totally different and it could be a problem with screen connections.  The next time it happens he wants me to connect it to an external monitor, if that works fine then at least we know it is the screen.  Having said that,its been fine the last couple of days and working perfectly.  It's probably just a matter of time tho, I am glad I have an extended warranty.

Good luck!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation