Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I turn on Pavilion dv6 all I get is HP invent logo and Press the ESC key for Startup Menu. that is it. any ideas?

HP Recommended

@max_iky, When you boot up into windows could you try and get into the BIOS by pressing F10?

Once you get into the BIOS please test the HDD. Knowing you get the HP logo, you might just have a bad HDD that doesn't allow you to boot into windows. 

Here is a document showing you how to test the HDD. Please let me know if you can.

If you can't get into the BIOS remove the HDD and try again. Here is a video showing you how to remove the HDD. 

If you can access the BIOS without the HDD in the notebook, then the HDD is bad. 

Now, if you can test the HDD in the BIOS please let me know the results. 

I look forward to your response 

THX

HP Recommended

Hello,

Just registered to this forum after reading lots of issues with computer/laptop related problems. I have an HP Pavilion DV7-1130US laptop which was purchased brand new about 2 years ago and worked as a charm but just last night experienced the same problem as explained by the original poster. The capslock and numlock LEDs blink continously and all LED lights stay on, but no display and nothing happens after repeated boots, power on/offs, holding down the power button after removing battery and a/c adaptor, etc., etc.  I do hear a "clicking or striking" sorta sound coming from where the DVD/CD player is installed though, but this sound goes away as soon as I open it and comes back again when closed. Nothing else happens. Is this problem the same as with the OP or something else; please kindly help?

Thanks,

Danish. 

HP Recommended

@19DANISH58, yes this is the same issue the original OP had. 

You are having the continuous blinking which means you're not getting enough power. 

In your case you will need to Try a different power outlet or Replace the power adapter.

You will need to replace the power adapter with a 65 W AC Adapter such as this one.

I hope this answers your question. 

THX

HP Recommended

Great!

Hard reset worked, and the battery seems to be faulty.

But my data is ok!

Thanks

HP Recommended

My HP Pavilion dv6 3010us did the same, just out of warranty. Reset did not work, the cap lock will blink continusly at the rate of once about every 5 seconds, over a hundred times. Defective computers.

HP Recommended

good day ,

I tryed a new hhd and memory. no go same problem. if the laptop was still under warranty, i would replace the MB

Cheers

HP Recommended

Problem:  dv6 stopped functioning and will not power up.

Attempted:  Hard reboot as suggested, nothing powers up with battery in or out with a known good power source.

Precursor:  Listening to iTunes Radio using personal hotspot connected via USB with 91% battery life.  Witnessed the system just die. 

Suggestions?

HP Recommended

Have any of these people ever blown the dust out of their laptop cooling systems? Does anyone use a laptop cooler? Does everyone take care not to block the air inlets when in use? I have owned 5 laptops in the last 8 years. I do all those things and I have never had any such issues. 3 of the 5 are HPs which I buy because of the excellant support. One of the 3 was new DOA.  I contacted support and had it in for repair and back working with a new HD and BIOS update inside 10 days.

HP Recommended

hello haznavy

The issue you are describing appears to be a physical issue and I think it would be best if you contacted HP technical support for repair options.

US support link to contact options for laptops purchased in the US.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/contacthp?cc=us&lc=en

Outside of US support link to contact options for laptops purchased outside the US.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

I would like to thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.