Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My Pavillion has the same symptoms, tried what you recomended and it worked but now it wont allow me to turn it back on again. is beeping 3 times(1 long and 2 short) when trying to turn on.

HP Pavillion dv6500

dv6613TX

p/nGZ407PA#ABG

HP Recommended

Hello Pnttruckingltd,

If you haven’t tried this give it a shot. Try hooking the laptop up to an external monitor and see if you get a beep or if the you get an image on the external monitor.

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended
I got one to generate the same beeps too. 1 long and 2 short. and nothing--black screen.
HP Recommended
two of the 3 laptops got no beeps. one got the beeps but no external video either. drive spins, keyboard light LED comes on, even WiFi LED goes blue if i leave it on long enough.

good chance the OS is corrupted after all these tests, no display, power offs and ons...lol
HP Recommended

Hopefully I will get a reply to this. I have the same black screen problem that seems to have been dogging HP laptops for years - lights on, power on, cap and num lock lights flashing, nothing on screen.  I have read multiple threads and tried multiple solutions - battery out, battery in, 'hard reset', holding down the power on button while starting (all that does is cause the laptop to power off again after a few seconds), opening the screen up wide. None of them have worked, and I need an alternative.

I have an HP Pavilion Entertainment model dv6

[Personal Information Removed]

p/n: NG237EA#ABU

model #: dv6 - 1211em

Thanks

HP Recommended

i tried the hard reset , it did not work ... please help

HP Recommended

screen went black whilst on youtube. sound continued

Tried on-line. did the remove battery etc. No Joy.

Did the remove and reset Ram cards no joy.

Am working using an external monitor, as laptop's is still (obviously) black.

Do I need to get new laptop, new video card? what?

HP Recommended

external monitor works. now what?

HP Recommended

Hi Wiganshale,

If you look at how long this thread has been waiting for some proper support, I think the chances of getting an answer from any HP techinician are around zero. This problem has clearly afflicted HP laptops for years, and the company seems to take the view that its more cost -effective to spend money on sales and marketing than on engineering solutions to long-standing technical problems.

The solution I found is not very satisfactory from a financial point of view, but it's 100% reliable:

1. Buy a new laptop (anything but HP).

2. Take your HP hard drive out and put it in a caddy (cost about ten quid).

3. Plug the caddy into your new laptop through a USB port and access your old HP files that way. 

4. Never, ever, buy another HP product.

5. Dissuade all your friends and family from ever buying any HP product.

HP Recommended
my compaq presario is showing blank screen and cursor blinking. i tried hard disk and memory test ,it doesnt showed any error and i am still facing same . its win 7 . when i m trying f8 for safe mode . it is is not showing anything plz help
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.