Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

With my hand I brushed my screen off with a dry cloth.  The screen went black/the cap lock light blinks continuously/the wireless light is on/the power is on and fan is working with or without battery/red and white lights are on beside the power cord. 

HP Recommended

It is HP Pavilion dv6-3013CL purchased on 9-4-2010.

HP Recommended

Dear Sir,

I Have hp pavilion dv6 3107ax amd laptop with win7 64

Today i put the laptop in runnung condition just lid down and after 20 min when i come bac my laptop has blank screen

just led of capslock is blinking.

i tried hard reset process with 30 seconds so many times but still same condition

Please Please help me to short out this problem i will give you great reviews and always thankfull for you

Waiting for your keenly reply

Thanks

Vijayant

HP Recommended

I have HP G6-2111us notebook, and I have same problem. I tried hard reset, "windows" + "B" button, tried another display, to remove hard disc and RAM No changes. Caps Lock button blinks Monotonously, just one time. Fan runs, CD-rom works Normally. It started after I tried to update BIOS. Due update notebok just Switched off and thats all, Does not turn on. please help !!!! I will got heart attack

HP Recommended

I tried this, it worked once, but had to do it again and it won't work a second time??

HP Recommended

My Pavilion DV6 laptop with windows 7 has been doing this for a while and 30sec  power down solution had worked until recently which no longer works.  Power comes on and I can hear fat.   I have also tried the combination of power, Caplock and Wireless (f12).  f6+f7 together,   so far nothing is working.  Model 3240ca, Product XZ084UA#ABC.  I hope someone has a solution :).  thx

HP Recommended
I've the same problem, I've also tried the hard reset, it didn't work either. When I press caps lock its LED don't blink, which means laptop is hanged,
Its giving black screen on startup
I've HP pavilion dv6-3225dx
HP Recommended
Hi exactly what was explained by Rasenshuri has happened to my laptop. I tried the hard reset that you explained but it didn't work for me. My model # is dv6-6c35dx. The product number is A6Y53UA#ABA.
HP Recommended
I have a 2c29wm it powered off while i was restoring the BIOS and now it only goes to a black screen. I've tried the hard reset and other methods multiple times. Is there anything that can be done?
HP Recommended

Sorry to say, it's true HP does have some problems with there Pavilions. This is the second one -  DV6 not showing anything.

The CAPS LOCK led indicates a Graphical Devices problem (4 flashes). So, like my old DV2085 (loose NVIDIA chip) it must be the same.

Same problem with the bios-chips in the HP Compacs.

Fortunately I do have the equipement to resolder the chips, otherwise it will be an expensive repair.

Now, for me, it is the end of the line concerning HP laptops because I think they are too expenisive for their reliability.

Berend

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.