Question
Pavilion dv6 won't start up-- black screen
Replies (85)

Honor Student
jorono
Message 81 of 86 (292 Views)

Re: Pavilion dv6 won't start up-- black screen

With my hand I brushed my screen off with a dry cloth.  The screen went black/the cap lock light blinks continuously/the wireless light is on/the power is on and fan is working with or without battery/red and white lights are on beside the power cord. 

Honor Student
jorono
Message 82 of 86 (291 Views)

It is HP Pavilion dv6-3013CL purchased on 9-4-2010.

Student
vijayHP
Message 83 of 86 (207 Views)

Dear Sir,

I Have hp pavilion dv6 3107ax amd laptop with win7 64

Today i put the laptop in runnung condition just lid down and after 20 min when i come bac my laptop has blank screen

just led of capslock is blinking.

i tried hard reset process with 30 seconds so many times but still same condition

Please Please help me to short out this problem i will give you great reviews and always thankfull for you

Waiting for your keenly reply

Thanks

Vijayant

Top Student
GioGiorgadze
Message 84 of 86 (163 Views)

I have HP G6-2111us notebook, and I have same problem. I tried hard reset, "windows" + "B" button, tried another display, to remove hard disc and RAM No changes. Caps Lock button blinks Monotonously, just one time. Fan runs, CD-rom works Normally. It started after I tried to update BIOS. Due update notebok just Switched off and thats all, Does not turn on. please help !!!! I will got heart attack

Student
needshelp72691
Message 85 of 86 (145 Views)

I tried this, it worked once, but had to do it again and it won't work a second time??

Student
loverunning
Message 86 of 86 (102 Views)

My Pavilion DV6 laptop with windows 7 has been doing this for a while and 30sec  power down solution had worked until recently which no longer works.  Power comes on and I can hear fat.   I have also tried the combination of power, Caplock and Wireless (f12).  f6+f7 together,   so far nothing is working.  Model 3240ca, Product XZ084UA#ABC.  I hope someone has a solution :smileyhappy:.  thx

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation