Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

This can occur when there is a problem with the sound card.  In that case if you follow these steps it may solve the problem; it solved mine

1.  Remove the power cable from the laptop

2.  Hold down F10 and keep held down

3.  Plug the power cable back in and press the power on button, keeping the F10 held down until it starts

HP Recommended

Still the same god **bleep** issue even after the less than 2 months ago Motherboard "replacement". That is it for me. I'm done with HP.  Please, do tell me what to do with the faulty laptop, because right now I have the great "urge" just to throw it our of the window and look at it break into little pieces of useless parts. Or should I just make a bonfire out of it? Anyways f it. I'm outy.

HP Recommended

Hi beastahead. The solution to yoru problem is as follows:

1. Remove the hard drive from your laptop.

2. Buy a 'caddy' for your hard drive. This is a box which you can put your hard drive in which can then be plugged into another computer via a USB cable, just like an external hard drive. It costs about £10 / $15.

3. Vent your fury by smashing the rest of your useless HP laptop to pieces.

4. Never buy another computer from a company that would rather invest in marketing than engineering.

As a laptop, the HP pavilion makes a great kettle.

HP Recommended

Click here for the HP solution!

I had this same problem

HP Recommended

Thanks, the solution worked for me.  I had to repeat the process, after powering off the first time it didn't boot up again.  However once i repeated the process i have been able to power down and up the laptop with no issues.

HP Recommended

Hi there,

I read your submission on how to do a Hardware reset of the Pavillion Dv6 and  did exactly as you've instructed in your but to no avail.

When I removed the battery for 30secs and I pressed the power down point for 30 secs and I noticed plugged in the Power Park and therefore; I saw the laptop come back on for a about 10 seconds but refused to display images on the screen. 

Thus, the hard reset didn't work for me.

HP Recommended

Sadly the happiness with my Dv6 ended after few days, back to the square one, back to the dark screen and doesn't boot.  neither 30 hard reset nor the F10 solution are working and black screen is the only think i see.  I noticed that during the proper bootup the power button only need a little touch to bring it up, but when it is sitting on the black screen to power up the laptop i need to 2 or 3 attempts before actually any power come on to laptop.   power button almost sticky you could say.  after that continue same dark screen with caplock key lit on and wireless solid amber.

HP Recommended

Dear Loverunning,

There is no 'cure' for your problem, and if HP had any honesty or integrity they would tell you so.  The Pavilion has a fundamental design flaw that causes it to overheat and burn out critical components. All the 'hard resets' in the world are not going to remedy that.

The only solution is to take out your hard drive and put it in a caddy which can be plugged into another computer via a USB cable, and get yourself a new laptop.

I wish somebody would start a class action against HP over this. I don't have the time or energy to do it myself.

HP Recommended

Hi there,

I read your submission on how to execute a Hardware reset on the Pavilion Dv6 and after following all the steps exactly as you've instructed in your submission the black screen was still there.

Below are the steps taken by me:

When I removed the battery and I pressed the power down button for 30 secs; I then inserted the AC adaptor Power Park and thereafter, I saw the laptop come on for about 10 seconds after which it went off. I continued this process for a while until I realized that the laptop wasn't going to work even when connected directly to the power which is a bit weird.

Thus, the hard reset didn't work as expected.

I have included the Product Number: VN013EA#ABU and Model Number: dv6-2010sa.

Please help.

Regards,

YF

HP Recommended

Hi YF,

I don't work for HP and have nothing to do with the company.

The only worthwhile response you are likely to get to your query is the one I have posted previously.

Sorry about that.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.