Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Because I have really enjoyed all my HPs in the last 15 yrs & without having to take out my hard drive & put it in a caddy & stepping on my laptop until I crush it into pieces....

I have the same problem with it not starting at all.  I get the light at the adapter connection but that is it.  No lights, no screen, no fan noises.  All resets, hard resets, battery removals, adapter changes have not worked.

What am I looking at or forward to?

Noel

HP Recommended

And Im writing from another HP.  My problem child is a Dv6033cl & I "believe" its running with Windows XP...64-bit

Noel

HP Recommended

"What am I looking at or forward to?"

Check back to the beginning of this and other identical threads, and see how long they have been running, without HP ever having come up with any worthwhile solution.

You are looking forward to many years of staring at a black screen on your Pavilion laptop...

HP Recommended
Yes dwferguson2, we all know how you feel & what your response will be. Right now its not the one that I need or that's going to help me but thank you.

Noel
HP Recommended

No offence intended Noel. Havng found my way here about eighteen months ago naively hoping to find an answer to my problem, that never came, I just don't want new victims to waste their time doing the same.

Don't you think if there was a solution to the Pavilion's black screen problem, then at some point in the last five years or whatever HP might have told us what it is?

HP Recommended

@dwferguson2 Well, the problem was fixed for me, when they replaced my motherboard... 2 times. That was like 2 and a half years ago. The 2nd change was less than 1 year ago. Problem usually happens with faulty/ECO/GREEN/STUPID VGA connections to the motherboard. If it starts doing that you are pretty much kittened. That is it. Right now, mine runs, after being, so called, "baked" and the place they did this for me gave me around 6-8 months of usability, after that  again. 50euro per baking. Another thing I spotted. After installing a fresh Windows 7 Ultimate(not the one from the recovery), I searched for my chipset drivers. Guess what... there were none on HPs website. Had to get them from manufacturer's website - AMD. Gonna get some cash in the meantime( the 6-8months) for Lenovo, since their website has better support, both with problems and customer support. After that I'm gonna take all the "replacable" parts and sell them, includes: display, keyboard, HDD, Wi-Fi Card, Touchpad, DVD-Rom, Charger and anything detachable... will maybe make 100-200euro out of that.

HP Pavillion dv6-6c11ea

AMD A6-3430MX

8Gb Ram

AMD Radeon 7690M 1Gb

750Gb HDD

HP Recommended
Oh no offense was taken my friend. I can definitely understand your frustration & understand your position on this situation. I followed this post from the beginning.

It just seemed to me that everyone who had the black screen had some kind of action going on, like some sort of proof of life from their laptop. I have NONE! Like i said completely dead.

Noel
HP Recommended

@JustNoey I'll tell you what happened with my laptop. First after hybernation it would not start, all buttons were on, HDD was spining, the cooling worked and I had black screen. Only hard reset would fix it. After 1-2 weeks the laptop just died. Even when the charger was plugged nothing was indicating it being plugged. So I went to my service place and they opened it infront of me. It took them less than 10 min to tell me what the problem was. Detached Video. That is it.

HP Recommended

I'm comming back to this thread after a few months to bring to light an observation that escaped me in the beginning. I will mention again that I got this laptop, DV6-2010EQ, from my sister, who told me that "it doesn't start anymore, if you can fix it it's yours". Eventually I found out that I had to let it heat up quite good before it would eventually boot. Durring summer days it would take mostly an hour, but in the winter I can wait for more than 6 hours and a few failed restarts untill it works. And here comes the weird part...

I thought for a while that heating it up "resolders" some faulty connections between some chipsets and the motherboard (which might still be true), but after booting the laptop is flawless regardless of what temperatures it reaches. I use it with a cooler pad, so the initial temperatures cool down alot and there's nothing wrong with it. Assuming that some soldering becomes faulty on lower temperatures, it doesn't happen while the laptop is turned on. I developed the habbit of keeping it permanently turned on, so when I finnish a session I just log off, so being unused and with the coolerpad under it, it stays as cool as dead. Anything that can turn it off is a no-go, and that's because while it works wonderfully on lower temperatures, it doesn't boot on lower temperatures. It DOES restart, however, and that bugs me to no end! It restarts from the Start menu with no problem, meaning it turns off, then turns on, etc... But if I Shut Down, or put it in Stand-by, or in Hybernation, and attempt tu turn it on again manually, I'm stuck with a black screen and a completely unresponsive keyboard for who knows how long.

Now, can anybody more knowledgeable of how these things are built clear this for me? What the hell could be at fault here? Because I'm starting to doubs the faulty soldering theory.

HP Recommended

Hi,

i have Hp dv6 model wb320ea#abd.

my computer start normal and everythinkg is ok . just i see HP logo in startup dark and windows Logo and every thing is dark . 

i took bottery out and hold 30 second Power buttom and again connected Ac and start .... but not fixed.

i connected another monitor and i saw everything in monitor and windows work and... 

but monitor for Laptop is always dark and i can see just little.

i updated bios too but i have this problem .

pleaase help me.

best regard

samir

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.