Question
Honor Student
Message 1 of 9 (4,091 Views)

Pavilion dv6 won't start up

I live in Korea, and have a Pavilion.  A few weeks ago I started having it crash while online, usually while using Flash or Java.  It got worse and worse, and now the computer won't even start up.  When I press the power button, I get a couple of lights flashing for a second on the keyboard, but that is it.  It then turns off.  I tried resetting it, and I even took out the internal battery and RAM to try and reset, but it still does the same thing.  I have all of my data backed up onto my external drive, so I don't need to save anything.  I would just like to reformat the whole thing if possible.  I don't have any disks that came with my laptop, but do have access to the internet with another computer if that helps.  Thanks.

Dean
Message 2 of 9 (4,079 Views)

Re: Pavilion dv6 won't start up

Try some troubleshooting, format will not help that kind of startup problem

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documentSubCategory?tmp_rule=53794&tmp_task=solveCategory&lc=en&d...

Honor Student
Message 3 of 9 (4,069 Views)

Already tried all the troubleshooting info, and I'm to the point where it says I need technical assistance.  I thought I would try here first before emailing tech support.  

Dean
Message 4 of 9 (4,049 Views)

Sounds like a video problem, it is common on those models

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260595095107

Here're the most common issues on laptops:

• Laptop will power and turn on, but no display on screen
    When Powered on you can hear fan and blue lights light up but nothing on screen
  • Cycles on and off by it self however never shows anything on screen
  • Screen is full of "squiggles" or vertical/horizontal lines
  • Reboots on its own after a few minutes and repeats this
  • No power at all however power jack and supply are good
  • Cannot connect to the Internet, WiFi not functioning
  • Blue screen and keep rebooting  
  • Keyboard, USB connectors not working
Student
Message 5 of 9 (3,803 Views)

Hi did you ever get your problem solved by HP. My Pavilion dv6 won't start either. When I press the power on button the led's on the front of the pc they flash three times and hen stop. Did you have the same experience.  thanks,

Honor Student
Message 6 of 9 (2,731 Views)

My computer shut off while surfing the internet. when I try to power up nothing happens all I get 

is the front lights flashing 3 times and nothing happen I also notice that the power light is off  when is connected to the ac outlet can any body help

Tutor
Message 7 of 9 (2,703 Views)

i had thesame problem with my hp G61. Can any1 help?
Student
Message 8 of 9 (1,993 Views)

same issue: I was surfing with proba bly to many windows open, I got a message of high usage of the CPU, then every started to freeze. I tried to close windows even with the control panel, but was impossible. so I shutted down with theon/off button. The I tried to restart but I got only the 3 blinks formn the led under the flash light.

If someone has any suggestion : is very welcomd

ciao

Student
Message 9 of 9 (860 Views)

I know this is very commun on intel, I fixed alot of nvidia chips, but what if the laptop is AMD? is there a fix for it?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation