Question

NRG Honor Student
Honor Student
NRG
Message 1 of 4 (638 Views)

Pavilion dv7 - Sporadic Application 'Not Responding'

I keep getting sporadic application 'Not Responding' (e.g. MSN Live Messenger; Internet Explore 8) on my brand new Pavilion dv7.  Can someone provide either the reason this is happening or, at least, how I can diagnose the problem?  This has never happened before with this much frequency on any other computer that I have owned or used.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Grad Student
alt_164
Message 2 of 4 (628 Views)

Re: Pavilion dv7 - Sporadic Application 'Not Responding'

Probably a corrupted user profile. See if creating another user account will help.

Creating a user account

NRG Honor Student
Honor Student
NRG
Message 3 of 4 (617 Views)

Thanks for the suggestion.  I will give it a try over the next couple of days and see if it makes any differrence.  In the meantime, I welcome any other possible recommendation that anyone else has out there.  Like I said, this is a brand new machine and therefore, like everyone else, I would like to keep it running well for as long as possible.

Grad Student
alt_164
Message 4 of 4 (604 Views)

Tips on how to maintain the performance of your laptop, click below

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00818494&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_US...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation