Question

Student
lmpython
Message 1 of 2 (360 Views)

Pavilion g6-1d60us

I had this laptop for 3 days. Only things I have installed on it are Google Chrome and Utorrent, both programs I have used for years. I was prompted to install automatic updates so I did and then I shut down computer. When I tried to start it back up Windows will not load. Message says that Windows cannot communicate with external hardware connected to computer. I have no external hardware connected and have NOT had at any time. I had not yet made a backup for this computer as I didn't even have it long enough to load any of my things (camera software etc) onto it. I do plan to return it for exchange but I was just curious if anyone else has had a similar issue.

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 2 (356 Views)

Re: Pavilion g6-1d60us

Hi,

I think the machine already has at least one restore point. Just restore it few days back should be ok then try again. Please try this:

Start > All programs > Accessories > System tools > System restore

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation