Question

Top Student
JW_LEES
Message 1 of 7 (3,366 Views)
Accepted Solution

Pavillion G7 Bios Update

Hi, I have a HP Pavillion G7 laptop with Intel processor which I bought Dec 2011. I have tried to do a bios update. But when the computer starts to shutdown during the update it hangs with a blank screen just before shutdown. I have also tried the update in safe mode but still the same. When I force the shutdown after about 30 mins I have still got the old bios version which is F.24 Can anyone help. Regards. John

Grad Student
Deerick
Message 2 of 7 (3,364 Views)

Re: Pavillion G7 Bios Update

Hi

Can you inform the model from your computer or the Product Number.

Att Cristian.

Click in the start Kudos to tanks.

Tank You

If this answer help you click in Kudos to tanks.
If you don't have more question click in Accept as Solution to close this case.

Best Regards Cristian Derick.
Senior Support Analyst.
Top Student
JW_LEES
Message 3 of 7 (3,352 Views)

Hi, I have just been searching the internet about this, and found an article which said if I had HP_Tools installed on my hard drive I should rename it while I did the update. I did this and the bios updated successfully from F.24 to F.64 So many thanks for your interest. Hope this helps other people because this problem appears to be quite common. John

Honor Student
kostyaeagle
Message 4 of 7 (3,123 Views)

[ Edited ]

hey there! what did you mean you have to rename the HP_tools? how can you do that and where? 

i had a Bios update failure too, simply went black and cooler nearly took off... after about 10 mins, i switched it off and switched on again. it went back on perfectly BUT i started to have a problem when viewing videos (for example) - it throws me the blue screen of death... i'm not sure that it's the Bios update fault, may be overheat, but it doesn't spool up to the full revs while watching videos. though it gets pretty high. 

please help :smileyhappy:

p.s. in updates section it shows me that the update is incomplete. 

(tried switching off and holding WIN+B+"On Switch" - shows me the black screen for more than a minute, should be black only for 40sec)

Top Student
JW_LEES
Message 5 of 7 (3,118 Views)

Hi, I went into my computer and temporarily renamed the partition with HP_TOOLS in and the update worked ok and afterwards altered the name back to HP_TOOLS again.

Honor Student
kostyaeagle
Message 6 of 7 (3,105 Views)

thanx, bud, will give it a shot! :smileyhappy:

Student
københaven
Message 7 of 7 (2,779 Views)

min bios forsvend,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation