wslab
Message 1 of 3 (338 Views)

Pavillion dm4-1063cl does not wake up after sleep

HP Pavillion dm4-1063cl

Windows Home Premium 64-bit

BIOS F.27

all Windows and driver updates installed

RAM upgraded from 4 to 8Gb

My laptop would not wake up after it goes into sleep mode. Seems to only happen when it's running on battery. I can leave it on with the lid open for a few minutes, and when I come back to it and push the power button, the power and wireless lights start blinking about every 2 seconds, but the system does not come back on. The only way to reboot is by removing the battery (and losing all the work). It does not matter how the laptop gets into sleep mode - by pressing the power button, closing the lid, or leaving it on, the result is the same.

Hybrid sleep mode is off. Changing the display from ATI GPU to Intel GPU and back does help. I spent an hour on the phone with Costco tech support and the best they could suggest is doing a full factory restore - I doubt this would help though, seems like a BIOS/hardware problem.

Any help or suggestions highly appreciated!

Alex

Top Student
terriljones8868
Message 2 of 3 (310 Views)

Re: Pavillion dm4-1063cl does not wake up after sleep

I have a dv-2155dx that does the same thing. I contacted HP support. They suggested the same thing-an OS restore, but it's done this since I took it out of the box-so I refused. And now they won't help me. Seems to be a known issue with HP laptops that HP is refusing to acknowledge.
Honor Student
wslab
Message 3 of 3 (290 Views)

Re: Pavillion dm4-1063cl does not wake up after sleep

Some other things I tried:

- clean boot, with no startup items

- reverted to the original BIOS version F.08

- went through all troubleshooting steps suggested here: http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/63567-power-options-sleep-mode-problems.html

No change so far. I also tried downloading and installing the latest Intel HD 3000 driver directly from Intel, but the driver refused to install because it was "not certified for this system".

At this point the problem can in be the hardware, BIOS, or drivers. Even if I did a full system restore and the restore process removes the offending driver, chances are a Windows or an HP update will bring it back in a few days. What to do?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation