HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
01-30-2011 12:12 AM - edited 01-30-2011 12:16 AM
I've been trying to find a fix for this problem of mine - The Blue Screen of Death.
I'm a musician and use a lot of virtual synthesizers and samplers, especially Kontakt 4 environment. I am using a firewire audio interface - TC Electronic Desktop Konnekt 6. The problem is that whenever I use Kontakt 4 and load my samples in from my portable eSata HDD I get random BSOD's, no particular pattern. I might be able to work for few hours, sometimes for few minutes when my laptop crashes.
I'm running on Windows 7 64-bit and using an external Digitus DS-31201 Expresscard, because the onboard firewire port causes lag, spikes and stutter in audio. I've added a link to my hardware summary and crash report(s).
Things I've tried so far include:
1) Update/reinstall Desktop Konnekt 6 drivers several times
2) Different latencies (maybe Kontakt 4 can't load samples fast enough from my portable eSata HDD and it causes errors)
3) Update BIOS + all the hardware (although the latest version for my BIOS comes from 2009 and this computer was not even built for Windows 7)
4) Turn off Wireless network drivers (generates lag and spikes in audio)
5) Switch between different firewire drivers - Texas Instruments, Windows' Legacy.
6) Update Kontakt 4 software and sample libraries.
7) Every other thing I can't remember any more...
Maybe there is a solution out there!
01-31-2011 08:10 AM
Have you tried a check disk? Here's a guide from Microsoft to do that: