Question

Top Student
kieferpuls
Message 1 of 3 (128 Views)

Please Help

I have an HP pavilion G6, 6GB of Ram operating on Windows 7 Home Edition. About 4 days ago it started acting crazy:<br><br>-The keyboard, mouse and monitor stop working ramdomly till I restart (in the case of the monitor it only comes back after a hard reset.)<br><br>-The battery icon it's on skitzophrenic mode by showing that the battery is drained even though its fully charged...comes and goes.<br><br>I've reinstalled Windows several times thinking it was a software issue. Last time I did it took over 10 tries since it would overheat and go into thermal shutdown at 90-something percent progress every time.<br><br>I've tried everything I could including opening it and cleaning the fan several times. Yesterday it was just hell, today it worked fine for an hour and then bam, went nuts again (while I was doing video editing.)<br><br>I don't know what else I can do, I'm in the middle of traveling with no access to a reliable service center. Fixing it myself is the only option.<br><br>Thanks for the help.<br>
HP Support Agent
BHK6
Message 2 of 3 (86 Views)

Re: Please Help

Hi kieferpuls,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I see that you are having some rather odd issues with your Pavilion. Do you have a restore point from four days ago that you can use? I would also suggest that you run a virus and malware scan to see if you picked something up. You can test the hardware using the HP Diagnostic Tools. Run the System Test – Extensive Test. Something else you can try is the System File Checker tool, which is designed to scan your operating system for corruptions.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
PhD Student
PeerOne
Message 3 of 3 (76 Views)

Re: Please Help

kieferpuls wrote:
I have an HP pavilion G6, 6GB of Ram operating on Windows 7 Home Edition. About 4 days ago it started acting crazy:<br><br>-The keyboard, mouse and monitor stop working ramdomly till I restart (in the case of the monitor it only comes back after a hard reset.)<br><br>-The battery icon it's on skitzophrenic mode by showing that the battery is drained even though its fully charged...comes and goes.<br><br>I've reinstalled Windows several times thinking it was a software issue. Last time I did it took over 10 tries since it would overheat and go into thermal shutdown at 90-something percent progress every time.<br><br>I've tried everything I could including opening it and cleaning the fan several times. Yesterday it was just hell, today it worked fine for an hour and then bam, went nuts again (while I was doing video editing.)<br><br>I don't know what else I can do, I'm in the middle of traveling with no access to a reliable service center. Fixing it myself is the only option.<br><br>Thanks for the help.<br>

For start here could you redo your issue at hand by rewriting it again. It is so jumbled up and makes it hard to know where to start?

Asking For Help - Some Basic TIPS.
1. What is the P/N?
2. O/S?
3. Give Much Details as to the problem if possible.

Don't PM me if you don't allow PM InReturn.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation