Question

Top Student
kieferpuls
Message 1 of 3 (129 Views)

Please Help

I have an HP pavilion G6, 6GB of Ram operating on Windows 7 Home Edition. About 4 days ago it started acting crazy:<br><br>-The keyboard, mouse and monitor stop working ramdomly till I restart (in the case of the monitor it only comes back after a hard reset.)<br><br>-The battery icon it's on skitzophrenic mode by showing that the battery is drained even though its fully charged...comes and goes.<br><br>I've reinstalled Windows several times thinking it was a software issue. Last time I did it took over 10 tries since it would overheat and go into thermal shutdown at 90-something percent progress every time.<br><br>I've tried everything I could including opening it and cleaning the fan several times. Yesterday it was just hell, today it worked fine for an hour and then bam, went nuts again (while I was doing video editing.)<br><br>I don't know what else I can do, I'm in the middle of traveling with no access to a reliable service center. Fixing it myself is the only option.<br><br>Thanks for the help.<br>
HP Support Agent
BHK6
Message 2 of 3 (87 Views)

Re: Please Help

Hi kieferpuls,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I see that you are having some rather odd issues with your Pavilion. Do you have a restore point from four days ago that you can use? I would also suggest that you run a virus and malware scan to see if you picked something up. You can test the hardware using the HP Diagnostic Tools. Run the System Test – Extensive Test. Something else you can try is the System File Checker tool, which is designed to scan your operating system for corruptions.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
Associate Professor
PeerOne
Message 3 of 3 (77 Views)

Re: Please Help

kieferpuls wrote:
I have an HP pavilion G6, 6GB of Ram operating on Windows 7 Home Edition. About 4 days ago it started acting crazy:<br><br>-The keyboard, mouse and monitor stop working ramdomly till I restart (in the case of the monitor it only comes back after a hard reset.)<br><br>-The battery icon it's on skitzophrenic mode by showing that the battery is drained even though its fully charged...comes and goes.<br><br>I've reinstalled Windows several times thinking it was a software issue. Last time I did it took over 10 tries since it would overheat and go into thermal shutdown at 90-something percent progress every time.<br><br>I've tried everything I could including opening it and cleaning the fan several times. Yesterday it was just hell, today it worked fine for an hour and then bam, went nuts again (while I was doing video editing.)<br><br>I don't know what else I can do, I'm in the middle of traveling with no access to a reliable service center. Fixing it myself is the only option.<br><br>Thanks for the help.<br>

For start here could you redo your issue at hand by rewriting it again. It is so jumbled up and makes it hard to know where to start?

1.--First Follow These Help Links -----
Not sure on how to post help click on the following link.
First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More
------------------------------------------------
2.--For Recovery Disc Orders Only---
Obtaining HP Recovery Discs or an HP USB Recovery Drive
Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
Creating Recovery Discs or Saving a Recovery Image to a CD/DVD/USB Flash Drive (Windows 7)
3.---------Model Identification-------------
How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
4.---------------US (EN) -------------
HP Support - Software & Drivers

5.------------------------------------------
Restoring the BIOS
6.------------------------------------------
Boot Device Options (F9)
7.-----------HP Beep Codes------------
HP BIOS Beep Codes
Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
Don't PM me if you don't allow PM In-Return.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation