Presario CQ62 Mouse lockup (26646 Views)
Student
tlddubois
Message 1 of 18 (26,646 Views)

Presario CQ62 Mouse lockup

Ok, so I got a Compaq Presario CQ62 about a week ago and I have only one complaint: when I use the tap function on my mouse too much my mouse locks up. There is a little red light on the top left courner of the mousepad and there is a little picture that temporary shows up with a picture of my pouse pad with a red line going through it. The only way I found how to fix this is to turn my computer (by holding the power button until it turns off). This, of course, is not the preferred way of turining off my computer, or fixing a problem Is there any other way fix the problem? Even better, is there a way to make it so it does not lock up at all? Any help is much appreciated.

Grad Student
alt_164
Message 2 of 18 (26,625 Views)

Re: Presario CQ62 Mouse lockup

Hi,

The red light that shows on the top left corner of the touchpad is the touchpad switch itself. You must have double tapped on that area by accident and triggered the light to come up (red light) and with that, the touchpad is disabled. You just have to double tap the red light to turn it off (no light) and the touchpad will be enabled again.

Hope it helps..

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 3 of 18 (26,615 Views)

I agree with alt, but if double tap on the Red LED is not enabling the touchpad back, could I get the driver version of the touchpad or you are really not want that functionality you can disable in Mouse properties by going to synaptics tab, Select, Touchpad Disable Zone Settings, and uncheck Double tap to enable or disable touchpad....

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
Honor Student
jonnygouda
Message 4 of 18 (26,366 Views)

[ Edited ]

I don't know the person that first asked this question I'm pretty sure we're both as grateful for the answer!!  What a [text removed] STUPID place to put the scratch-pad turn off switch.  You don't put it where you're already hitting the pad for double taps!

Thank you so much for this annoyingly stupid easy answer to this question!  You answer contributers rock.

Gracies

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 5 of 18 (26,365 Views)

You are always welcome! :smileyhappy:

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
Student
Pius
Message 6 of 18 (22,604 Views)

I had the same problem too, thanks... but must say its a crazy place to put the mouse lock too!!

Honor Student
kenroks
Message 7 of 18 (21,995 Views)

Well, me too.  Luckily this was the first site I checked and I now have signed up with this support board.  I can only imagine what sort of crap I will run into later ... a small red light with a switch in / on it; at the exact same place / vicinity you tap your finger???  Yes, I locked my tap pad up after typing about 4 pages of a book.

Seriously, thanks again for the questions / answers.

I will come back later and let you know how the book turns out ... if I don't have to come back before to find out how to use my computer.

Student
vaena
Message 8 of 18 (21,358 Views)

Thanks guys :smileyhappy: When this happened, i was thinking that i had broken the mouse pad thing. Stupid putting the lock thing there. anyway good to know now.

Thanks again.

Student
elwinbagley
Message 9 of 18 (21,332 Views)

my cq 62 does not have a mouse pad disable light, and does not have a mouse pad disable option in the

hardware propeties on the control .  If I disable the HID compliant mouse the laser mouse quits workng.

How do I disable the mouse touchpad.

I cannnot type messages on the keyboard because the heel of my hands moves the mouse  and

contrrols the screen. I have to hold my hands above the keyboard and punch the desired keys one at a time

in order to type.

alt_164 wrote:

Hi,

The red light that shows on the top left corner of the touchpad is the touchpad switch itself. You must have double tapped on that area by accident and triggered the light to come up (red light) and with that, the touchpad is disabled. You just have to double tap the red light to turn it off (no light) and the touchpad will be enabled again.

Hope it helps..

Student
georgehasman
Message 10 of 18 (20,501 Views)

WHAT KUDOS SAID ABOUT THE MOUSE PAD LOCK AND UNLOCK WORKS

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation