Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I can confirm that every time my left mouse button has frozen, a two-finger tap on the touchpad reactivates the left button. 

Thanks, itsup, for finding and sharing this workaround!

HP Recommended

I also have the same problem where the left button on the trackpad locks up.  It normally does this when I used the scroll bar on a windows, and it causes odd behavior with the scroll when the problem occurs.

I purchased this laptop (HP ProBook 430 G2) sevaral months ago, and this problem has occured from day one.  I have tried driver updates, removing software etc.  But nothing has solved this problem.  I am running Window 7 Professional.

I don't have tapping turned on so I can't try this workaround.  I don't want to have to turn on tapping either.   I will try closing and opening the lid of the laptop to see if that works, but it's still a major hassle especially if I had to do a presentation for business.

HP why have you not fixed this issue?  Come on, support your customers please!  I have bought hundreds of HP computers, servers and printers over the years because HP is normally very reliable, but I'm really dissapointed and annoyed with this issue.

HP Recommended

I agree with Dr_Jexton who want HP to give us a solution for this problem. Either a updated driver or an agree that the hardware is bad. if I make a supportcase today all I now is that i must send in my computer for repair.
if they replace the pad with an exact the same model , it´s a waste of time.
i have three 430 G2 and two of them are having problem.
I am still thinking that HP is a good computer.

HP Recommended

The 2-finger tap is perfect.  You have saved me a LOT of time.

HP Recommended

It seems that the latest BIOS and the latest Synaptics mousedriver made an improvement. Future will tell.
18.1.37.3 Rev.A

HP Recommended

We purchased five HP ProBooks at the end of last year and are seeing the issue that is reported here on at least three of them.

I have emailed help@hp.com last week and have not had a reply.

Please advise as we need to get these fixed.

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.