Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hello

Need help again.

Is there a way to turn on the WiFi by software ?

While messing with the cable I've shortened something and sent a signal to switch off the WiFi

Now I can't put it back on.

The signal is not a pulse "from the + to the - ", but a combination between those nine connectors.

I don't expect anyone here digged the thing that deep to find that combination, but
...who knows...

Also (as asking costs nothing), I would like to know if there exists any kind of advanced schematic for the circuits of this computer..
Guess HP owes this one to us

Sincere good luck for those who still didn't give up..
Follow the videos and use your senses and you will never see the wifi/tone blink again
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Hey PJ-MecNet,

Thanks for the Link.  Glad all is well.

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

PLease, but with no disrespect...but, if anyone has gone this far, they should already know what "GROUND" is. 

But yes, ground is the completion of a  circuit...(depending on which way you're looking at it or going)...now...we can get into theory...OMG...google all this stuff if you don't understand it and post...we'll reply.  

Bless all.

Danny

@HaggisCat wrote:

I was quite sure I was on the right track, but I wanted to be sure, thanks for the additional input. AustinBrister seemed rather desperate as he took his machine apart, so I thought I would hand him a life line with some photo's.

He's disappeared though.

One of the problems here is making people understand what "ground" is, what it does, it's concept and how it applies here in this case.

HP Recommended

i just tried, worked for an 1 hour, now goes to bad as before, wireless bar stop/start continuously. 

HP Recommended

The solution that i used: 

dv8 OSD Pop Up Solution Part 1 dv8 OSD Pop Up Solution Part 2

I have applied this in nov-02-2013. So far,  i don´t have this problem.

HP Recommended

I finally solved the problem.  Sold it and bought a Mac!

Good luck everyone.

HP Recommended

Oh, yes! This is the best solution!

HP Recommended

Is there any software fix reather than hardware cure ?

HP Recommended

@HPBadExp wrote:

Is there any software fix reather than hardware cure ?

See my first post.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware/dv8-and-HDX-Series-OSD-Pop-Up-Solution/m-p/816295#M51...

Know that the "Hot Key" bezel does fail, even with the grounding fix and/or the firmware update.

I replaced mine with a bran new one in my HDX 18 and after a few years the WiFi button kept turning of and on.

The only fix was to get a new one (this has become nearly impossible as the dv8 and HDX machines are getting old)

Or disconnect the Hot Key bar. (if this is done, be sure that the WiFi is in the "ON" postion.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.