Question
Probook 6540b shuts down while playing a game
Replies (99)

Honor Student
Geni2Eng
Message 91 of 100 (1,591 Views)

Re: Probook 6540b shuts down while playing a game

The problem seems to have settled down for me. Install pretty much all the driver and firmware updates, not just the video ones.

The easy way to do this is to just download and install the HP SoftPaq Download Manager, once installed run it up and let it look for updates needed on your computer. Pretty much install all the drivers and frimware and anythign it marks as critical etc...

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=32...

Intern
azmo
Message 92 of 100 (1,587 Views)

No way mate, Linux system here... no M$ craps, and I've the latest version of anything anyway... but the junkbook still goes nutty when GPU is under stress... and so do I... :smileymad:

Honor Student
CZDaywalker
Message 93 of 100 (1,475 Views)

Guys, I am now testing to setup realtime priority for games.

Seems OK, I will let you informed.

Student
MannaSvanna
Message 94 of 100 (1,384 Views)

Hello my name is Jens I live in Sweden and I have also purchased the Crapbook 6540b. My Crapbook has the ATI mobility radeon 4500 series graphics card and built in WWAN. It shuts down in the middle of 3D-applications and then restarts automatically. It even shut down on me when i was using Google Earth.

I do not know what realtime priority means but I hope it works.

Good luck CZDaywalker and keep up the good work of  trying to get this computer to work.

Intern
azmo
Message 95 of 100 (1,363 Views)

[ Edited ]

HP Support? Are you there? Is anybody tagged "HP" interested in giving back some reputation to HP brand?

This unbelievable piece of junk is still shutting down and nobody cares a >>><<< about that... is this the kind of support that HP customers deserve? Is really so hard to fix this >>><<< software issue? Sudden shutdown at 65°C per core IS definetely NOT an heating problem but some sort of >>><<< sofware crap!

Please, HP guys, take into consideration that every day we're spitting on HP brochures and advicing others NOT to buy your >>><<< bags of bricks.

I hate you, HP... really!

:smileymad::smileymad::smileymad::smileymad::smileymad::smileymad::smileymad:

Intern
azmo
Message 96 of 100 (1,358 Views)

[ Edited ]

But I see that HP cops are quick when you post a message with insults.

HP guys, you suck... and now moderate your >>><<<

Honor Student
CZDaywalker
Message 97 of 100 (1,325 Views)

First of all, I made some cleaning in the PC. Means, remove keyboard and the led panel over the keyboard.

Under it is access to cooler.

All steps are in the service manual for this laptop.

Then i replace a paste, under the pipes. After that, temperature is 5 Celsius lower than before. But still I need to setup priority for that appliaction, under which is game started.

For example, for Starcraft II it is process sc2.exe.

You have to go to task manager, select that application (Starcraft II, Call of Duty, any game and select "Go to process").

In the next window, you will have selected that concrete .exe file.

If you right click on it, you will get menu, where you can set a priority - from low to high and also (realtime).

I have a good experience, to play like this. It is here - http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/CoreRedirect.jsp?redirectReason=DocIndexPDF&prodSer...

Hopem it will help you, guys.

Tutor
Wulfric
Message 98 of 100 (599 Views)

Did anyone find a "real" solution for this problem? Because I'm tired looking for solutions all through the Internet.

Regards, Wulfric

Tutor
Wulfric
Message 99 of 100 (558 Views)

And this laptop also crashes while it is not charging. Can someone help me please? I downloaded, updated BIOS but nothing happened. It still shuts down.

Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 100 of 100 (504 Views)

Hello Wulfric,

Your ProBook is a Business model.  Your issue would be best answered on the HP Enterprise Business Community Forum

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation