Question
Probook 6540b shuts down while playing a game
Replies (99)

Tutor
Nix1402
Message 81 of 100 (1,312 Views)

Re: Probook 6540b shuts down while playing a game

Deleting the HP junkware was the first thing I did  a year ago. So that didn't help.

One of my friends, with a different HP model, has the same problem. Apparently it's a common HP design flaw.

Top Student
Iridis_Alpha
Message 82 of 100 (1,279 Views)

SADLY, deleting QuikLaunch doesn't solve the problem for me too.

Intern
azmo
Message 83 of 100 (1,261 Views)

[ Edited ]

Iridis_Alpha wrote:

EDIT: WHERE THE HELL IS HP?? MAY SOMEONE HELP US...THANKS!

HP "Total Care"? LOL! Looks like they don't give a {Content Removed: Language Filter Evasion} about their customers. They sold you the ProCrap 6540b, their job is done. Who the heck cares if the bag of bricks won't work as expected?

I have no more (clean) words...

Student
zubek
Message 84 of 100 (1,181 Views)

In my ProBook 6540b I had the exact same problem as described in this forum. The solution was the add of additional elements on the heat sink allowing for heat dissipation from the memory video. Interestingly, the cooling module is a separate space for these additional elements but they are not factory assembled.

Now the computer is operating properly.

Top Student
haiden3567
Message 85 of 100 (1,056 Views)

Hi,

Has anyone else tried to do this? I am willing to invest in additional elements if it's gonna solve this issue.

@zubek Can you specify what are these additional elements? Can you provide us with a link or something?

Thanx!

Top Student
haiden3567
Message 86 of 100 (1,006 Views)

I am finally getting rid of this model :smileyvery-happy:

Bad news is.. My company has a deal with HP, so I'm getting another model from HP :smileysad:

Sure hope that one will actually work.

Student
Kapsel
Message 87 of 100 (934 Views)

[ Edited ]

I had the same problem but I found solution :smileyhappy:

0 problems now, 2 weeks without shutting down etc while I'm playing ET, LoL, Battlefield and more games

You have to download newest drivers:

ATI: http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon_win7-64.aspx

BIOS: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-93558-1&cc=pl&dlc=pl&lc=pl&...

Now  temperature is lower than 75°C.

I do not know that I can put this links here , so if this is incorrect plz delete this links or contact me and I will do this.

Also after that you will be able to contact me fo drivers links

Intern
azmo
Message 88 of 100 (842 Views)

Kapsel wrote:

I had the same problem but I found solution :smileyhappy:

You have to download newest drivers...

I wish it could be so simple... :smileysad: I have updated to latest versions of BIOS (F.20) and ATI drivers (11.9) but the CrapBook still goes nutty while playing a game. This vulgar piece of junk seems to prefer crashing in the middle of an official clan war rather than under normal gameplay on public servers... the moron!

I've no more badwords and insults, gave all to HP engineers... :smileymad:

Honor Student
Geni2Eng
Message 89 of 100 (800 Views)

We seem to be having the same problems on a few of these computers at work. Just to clear up a few things at the start, I used to do warranty repairs on HP laptops (I do not work for HP so please dont rage at me lol) and know my way around a laptop's insides fairly well.

Anyway we are using these in a business environment, no games.

Video Chipset: Intel (not the ATI version)

Firmware: Fully up to date

Drivers: Fully up to date

The weird thing we are experiencing is more in relation to the Network connections status that is causing the reboot. They tend to reboot when the network cable is disconnected. In particulaur when the computer first gets to the log on screen if the cable is out and you dont log in quick enough it will reboot (at the Ctrl Alt Del screen). Turning off the wireless appears to make it worse.

At this stage we are focussing on the network components causing the issue.

Intern
azmo
Message 90 of 100 (746 Views)

I wonder if anybody @ HP would care about this issue... it is so annoying, so frustrating and, worse, still unsolved... :smileysad:

Please, HP engineers, stop warming your chairs and fix this crap before I throw this bag of bricks out of the balcony!!! :smileymad:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation