Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Windows 8

i am facing the same issue do anyone got solution so please share here... 

22 REPLIES 22
HP Recommended

Hi @mikapadia ,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have read  about your HP ENVY TouchSmart m6-k025dx Sleekbook and having issues with the startup. You could reset the BIOS with this document selecting the reloading the BIOS default settings.

Please note remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices, as these could cause some issues.

Here is a link on computer does not start, which has a section for the HP Logo screen.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

tried updating the bios file and tried to reset the bios setting to default but still facing same issue please guide me any soution for dis  becoz dere is no hp service center in pakistan.

HP Recommended

hi please help me my hp envy m6 k025dx auto switch off when i try to boot it... tried boot using usb external rom and internal hardisk but system turns off as i boot. tried reseting bios setting to default and updated bios settings as well. kindly provide me the solution

HP Recommended

Hey @mikapadia 

Try following this document on overheating  might be the cause of the shutting down.

Here is a link how to do a hardware test. 

Did you install any new hardware?

Please let me know what passes and what fails.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

no new hardware installed and system test passed as well no issue there.

HP Recommended

Hi @mikapadia ,

Well that is good to hear. There seems to be a driver conflict. You will have to do a system recovery on the Notebook.

Try it for a few days before installing software.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
u means system recovery by pressing f11 but my system doesnt boot in any way so could not go to system recovery.. it even shuts down when go to system recovery
HP Recommended
its not booting from anywhere even from HP SYSTEM RECOVERY
HP Recommended

pls reply for any solution.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.