Re: Seizures from my Mechanical Baby! (98 Views)
Student
Alacer_Laptop
Message 1 of 2 (107 Views)

Seizures from my Mechanical Baby!

Hey there, pardon the title, I just wanted to flag down curious eyes.

Alright. I've never had a PC do this before. My laptop will, after a while or (if the attack happened recently and I didn't igve it enough down time shut down) immediately, start siezing up. The mechanism: imagine that you could simulateously achieve the effect of scrolling down and tabbing ad infinitum. this is what my laptop is doing. i will be making regular use of it, when all of a sudden the mouse becomes unresponsive, the fans take up a belabored whir, and the windows wildly zooms up and down. I can temprarily stop it by pressing the internet button. However, this isn't a fix; give it a little time to adjust, connected or disconnected, and in both states the crazy 'siezing' will happen up again. I've tried system restore to factory settings and done multiple security scans that turn pu clean, so I feel that this must be a problem with the hardware. I've been using a wireless keyboard for my laptop ever since I spilled some tea on the laptop's own, embedded keyboard a couple years ago. The original keyboard is still in place, but defunct.

Thoughts, please?

It should be noted that the recovery screen and the windows startup menu will experience the tabbing thing too. This isn't something that waits until I've logged in to happen, sometimes I half to unplug my computer and pull out the battery to shut it down because it's gone unresponsive from the get-go.

Professor
Charles001
Message 2 of 2 (98 Views)

Re: Seizures from my Mechanical Baby!

Maybe the fan and/or the vent is clogged, and it's overheating. I suggest you get a can of compressed air and give it a try: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01657439&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en
======================================================================================
* I am an HP employee. *

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

***Click on White “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!***
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation