Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

DaveyK you bloody miracle worker. if i was in the same country as you i'd buy you a beer.

i spent 3 painful weeks folowing forums and chats trying to with obviously no avail to solve this problem and had just wished i had found this particular solution before i had done a factory reset

HP Recommended

The BIOS rollback resolves this issue. Just follow those exact steps.

HP Recommended

I had the same problem until today when I simply updated my BIOS to the latest version: F.50 REV: A PASS: 1

simply to follow instructions here:

withsteps.com/2880/fixed-hp-laptopcomputer-restart-wake-sleep-hibernation.html

HP Recommended

Hello DaveyK, I am facing the same problem as I can see, on a 3 days young HP 455 G2 Pro Book with freshly installed Windows 8.1 Ultimate x64 AND Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (in dualboot)

Now, after installing both OSes I noticed plenty of Unknown Devices in the device manager so I installed the HP Support Assistant.

After installing all the missing drivers (except for the BIOS) with HP Support Assistant on both OSes, the shutdown/sleep/hibernate procedure are facing the same issue in Windows 8 BUT NOT in Windows 7, everything works perfectly in W7..

So in the end, from Windows 8, I also tried updating the bios (M75 version 01.06(don't remember the date)) to M75 version 01.09 A(9 Dec 2014) but didn't solve.. 😞

(I did this procedure manualy because HP Support Assistant was suggesting a different model of BIOS, not M75, wich was specifically aimed at Intel processors. My laptop is mounting an AMD processor so I just ignored that particular update.)

HOWEVER, I have noticed that the ”shutdown -s” command from the command line is working just fine in win8.

I tried the rollback with the Win+B procedure but doesn't seem to be working, the pc turns on, leds are on(the Caps Lock led is flashing), fans are on at full power, but the screen stays dark and seems like no other activity is going on..so after about 20 to 30 minutes I just shut the laptop down by holding the power button. 

Do you think I should also try the rollback with the usb procedure, and take it back to the 01.06 version? Or should I just reinstall Windows 8??

In case, where can I find that older version of the bios? 

Or should I try contacting HP at this point?

Thank You very much !

HP Recommended

You should also update ATI drivers (video card) to the latest version ...

HP Recommended

Hi boguzz,

I did that but I just repeated the process again manually.

I uninstalled the driver from the device manager and deleted the relative files from the swsetup folder.

I downloaded the last version from the support center, installed it but didn't solve.

Before reinstalling the driver I noticed the driver date in the device manager was 05.06.2014 while the support center is indicating 30 Jun 2014.  Previous driver version date is 03.06.2014.

Now, after reinstalling the last version of the drive, device manager is still indicating the 05.06.2014 as the device driver..

But the driver version from device manager corresponds with the one indicated on the suport center.

..am I missing something?

Thanks!!

HP Recommended

Try this one:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_138520_1

updated on 29 Sep 2014. If you check the fixes tab you will get:

"- Fixes an issue where the system does not restart properly when the system resumes from standby mode."

p.s.: ești român? 🙂

HP Recommended

😞 just tried that one as well boguzz, still facing the issue..this is getting frustrating

( da da, sunt român! am lasat-o in eng pt ceilalti  :generic: ) 

HP Recommended

I just rolled back the bios to version 01.04 with no results .. this is crrraaazyy!!

I'll just try reinstalling win8 and see what happens at this point

HP Recommended

A system repair of win8 solved the problem on my 455 g2 probook, the shutdown procedure went well this time.

So now I have the default OS with some drivers missing, just like the first time I installed it.

This time I´ll take the drivers and install them manually one by one and see if I still get the issue.

Bye for now and thank you for your time 🙂 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.