Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I' having the same problem , i tried the device manager solution but didn't work. I only have one generic usb hub. could this be part of the problem? why everyone with the same laptop have two generic usb hubs?

please help-.

HP Recommended

Hi 

I have the same issue, but I've lost all hope that Microsoft/HP/Synaptics will ever resolve this in this lifetime. They want money but are not open to spend it for beter product. 

Well but if you are still looking for solution, I have ditched the original windows that came with it to install the pirated one(dont judge, it was driving me nuts, and why should I spend as much as 200 USD for an OS when they cant resolve my prob). The pirated version of win 8.1 is working fine now. I am not saying that you should install pirated os, all I am saying that the solution exists there. 

P.S. Pardon my English

Regards

HP Recommended

I'm in the same situation Jack :

I only have one generic usb hub too and  I tried the device manager solution but didn't work

I don't know what to do to fix this problem

HP Recommended

Hello all.  Ive been following this problem for a while and none of the recommended fixes worked for me as a permanent solution. On top of that I also noticed that the wifi was taking longer to connect and sometimes did not recognize any networks sometimes.

Fortunately I loaded the Windows 10 technical preview and it seems to have fixed both problems (freezing mouse and wifi connectivity).  There has also been a HP Bios update for the laptop so hopefully that furthermore enhances the fix.

I am happy so far.  At one point had considered trading in the laptop.

HP Recommended

I tried all of the solutions mentioned here and none of them worked.   Being persistent, I connected a external USB mouse and completely removed the Synaptic OEM drivers and then went on to Synaptic's website and downloaded their drivers and installed it on my laptop.   It has worked like a charm and I have had NO issues.    I consider this to be the appropriate fix for the problem.    

HP Recommended

I've tried all the previous solutions to no avail as well as the problem alway eventually came back and I had to disable/re-enable the trackpad driver. Seeing your post, I was optomistic to see if it would work for my case, but everytime I try to run the Synaptics setup I get an Install failed message.

Are there any other details you could share on how you got the generic Synaptic driver to install on your system?

HP Recommended

I have hp dv6 7280 sl with windows 8.1 and i have the same problem, the touchpad doesn't work.
Where do i take drivers for my notebook?
I tried all, like the previous posts but still no working.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.