Re: Startup with alarm sound & password menu (465 Views)
Student
Val-MD
Message 1 of 3 (486 Views)

Startup with alarm sound & password menu

I have a Pavilion Notebook, which crashed and we had to reinstall the software.  When I turn on the notebook, an alarm sounds and then the menu where I usually type in my password fills up with the (dots).  I have to highlight the dots, then delete them, then enter my p/w.  Any suggestions as to why this is occuring, or how to correct it?  I did enter a new p/w, and restarted the notebook, but it didn't do anything for the alarm, or the dots.

Professor
Charles001
Message 2 of 3 (472 Views)

Re: Startup with alarm sound & password menu

Check your keyboard for stuck key, and maybe clean the keyboard with a can of compressed air. Sounds like maybe the keyboard is sending signals when you are not typing.

======================================================================================
* I am an HP employee. *

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

***Click on White “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!***
PhD Student
Knute
Message 3 of 3 (465 Views)

Re: Startup with alarm sound & password menu

A stuck key makes perfect sense, follow Charles' advice.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• I Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name
  • If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly

• † The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation