Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi guys,

I recently bought new HP 15-r022tx Notebook PC (Product Number:   J6M27PA) which comes with free dos, have installed windows 7 x64 and updated all drivers from hp online, after all latest update i get a error message on startup 'synaptics touchpad 64-bit enhancements has stopped working'.

Snaptics.jpg

have tried to configure mouse setting but wen i try to access mouse setting i get a error message 'unable to connect to synaptics pointing device driver'

unable.jpg

have uninstalled and re installed the driver from hp support still the same problem.

so after some online search and no luck in any of them i continued using lap by closing the program on the first error message on every startup without any synaptics touchpad functions like two touch scrolling, zooming etc... but some times the cursor jumps around erratically and moves on its own with no contact in the touchpad, click options are not working wen cursor strats to move on its own, after some observation i noticed mouse works fine on every startup(by closing the program on error message without touchpads some special functions) until i right click it (sometimes after first click some times after many clicks) until i right click using the touchpad the mouse seems to be working fine but after i right click the mouse it goes to its own way. 

any suggestions guys

thanks you guys.....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Finally, I found a fix for the touchpad driver. Looking at the recommended touchpad driver page for 15-r022tx laptop, I noticed that in the System Requirements tab, only Windows 8 is mentioned. It seems that driver will work only for Windows 8. While googling again for the Synaptics touchpad driver, I found this link in HP website.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=uk&lc=en&softwareitem=ob-116587-1

This driver is supported for all Windows 7 variants - x32 as well as x64 (as told by the website).

The driver in this link works perfectly fine for the 15-r022tx laptop. Downloaded and installed the driver. Followed it with a reboot. Both multi-touch and scroll features are now working fine in my Windows 7 x64 OS.

P.S: If this solution has helped you too, please give a Kudos to this post.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello Zman07,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience!

I have read your post on how the TouchPad on your notebook computer is behaving erratically, and I would be happy to assist you!

To restore the functions on your TouchPad, I recommend uninstalling the driver from Programs and Features and installing this specific Synaptics TouchPad Driver. This parcel of software should be compatible with your current system.

If the issue persists, I also suggest following this document on Using and Configuring the TouchPad (Windows 7 and Vista). This should help adjust the TouchPad to your preferences.   

Please re-post with the results of your troubleshooting, and I look forward to your reply!

Regards Smiley Happy  

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hello MechPilot,

I am also facing the same issue with the driver given in HP website. I am using Windows 7 64-bit professional edition on HP Pavilion 15-r022tx laptop. I tried the alternate driver which you have suggested. It has installed without any errors and at the end of the installation process, it displayed a message saying that the "Device is ready to use" too. I restarted the machine after installation. But still, I am not able to use scroll or multitouch functions on the touchpad.

Please help!

Regards,

AvMohan

HP Recommended

Well i am not an expert in all this issues, i have tried wat MechPilot suggested (uninstalled and installed the driver) still problem not solved, i continued using the lap with problem after 2 (maybe 3) windows updates and reboot after some how problem got solved i donot get the error msg now and synaptics touchpad works with all its function working correctly.

my suggestion is just let windows update fully and keep windows update on i tink the problem is with the driver installation and after successful update and reboot (2 or 3 update for me) the problem hopefully wil be solved do let me know if it got solved.Hope it helps :Wink:

HP Recommended

Hello Zman07,

I have tried updating windows 7 x64 with Windows update and still the problem is not solved. The error message was still coming at every reboot and as you had mentioned earlier, I was getting erraneous cursor movements. So now I have reverted back to the basic Windows mouse driver (minus the scroll and other multi-touch functionalities) and am still stuck there :smileysad:. Is there any other fix available for this issue?

HP Recommended

Finally, I found a fix for the touchpad driver. Looking at the recommended touchpad driver page for 15-r022tx laptop, I noticed that in the System Requirements tab, only Windows 8 is mentioned. It seems that driver will work only for Windows 8. While googling again for the Synaptics touchpad driver, I found this link in HP website.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=uk&lc=en&softwareitem=ob-116587-1

This driver is supported for all Windows 7 variants - x32 as well as x64 (as told by the website).

The driver in this link works perfectly fine for the 15-r022tx laptop. Downloaded and installed the driver. Followed it with a reboot. Both multi-touch and scroll features are now working fine in my Windows 7 x64 OS.

P.S: If this solution has helped you too, please give a Kudos to this post.

HP Recommended

You link redirects me to hp support site main page. Can you Tell me where exactly you found the drivers?.

HP Recommended

it seems hp support web page got updated, simply go to hp support and search for model. you wil get software and drivers tab, click it and after selecting your operating system go for keyboard and mouse drivers you wil get your touchpad driver.hope it helps.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.