Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

After updating BIOS on your Computers, If you get error message like "The BIOS in this system is Not Fully ACPI Compliant" on the blue screen please follow the below steps.

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Plug the notebook into power using the power adapter.

3. Press and Hold the Windows Key and B key at the same time when the system is turned off or follow the steps from this link

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
**Click on “Kudos” Star if you think this reply helped**
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I have this same problem but the steps in the link above do not fix it.

dv7t-7000 quad core

windows 7 pro 64bit

i created a usb HP_TOOLS partition using the UEFI Diagnostic tool - fat32

when I three finger boot with with the usb plugged in the screen remains black, the caps lock blinks blinks pause continuous

it started when I tried to install disk encryption software (pgp desktop) - need it for work!

Are there any next options?

HP Recommended

I have had this same problem on 4 different dv7t-7000 units on EVERY BIOS ABOVE F.13.

F.22, F.23, and the latest F.24 have ALL resulted in this message for me.

I have no idea what in the world HP is doing to these BIOS updates.  Life is great on BIOS F.13 though.

You can see my detailed explanations on this issue here:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/hp-pavilion-notebooks/707618-f-22-bios-dv6-dv7-7000-hell-bios-system...

Also, see the thread here on the HP forums that has alot more information in it regarding this issue:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Recovery/DON-T-UPLOAD-THE-LATEST-BIOS-UPDATE/td-p/2322139

2 HP dv7t 7000s w 3 year HouseCall warranties:
Ivy Bridge i7-3610QM (2.3 GHz, 6MB L3 Cache),2GB GDDR5 GT 650M Graphics,
8GB Ram,120GB Intel 520 SSD, 750GB Seagate Momentus XT Hybrid,
17.3 FULL HD Antiglare,Intel 802.11 bgn /w bluetooth,backlit keyboard
-previous lappys: HP dv7t-6100, Dell XPS M1710, Dell Inspiron's E1705, 8600, 8500, 8000, 7500

HP Recommended

After update bios if you face same problem You can change your windows cd/dvd and reistall windows.I  faced same problem solved that way.

HP Recommended

I had the same error message on my 4540s running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.  My solution was quite different.  I ended up taking the laptop apart and discovered the cable directly underneath the touchpad wasn't even inserted.  After putting it back together and powering it on the "BIOS in this system is not fully ACPI Compliant" bluescreen went away.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.