Question

Tutor
trevgsmith
Message 1 of 20 (12,030 Views)

The following product information programmed into the system board is missing or invalid.

The following product information programmed into the system board is missing or invalid.

System Board (00A) -     Product Name

Product Configuration

Product Serial Number

Product Number

help

Top Student
Eagle_I
Message 2 of 20 (12,021 Views)

Re: The following product information programmed into the system board is missing or invalid.

Hello,
Please provide full details of your unit, especially product number and serial number.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP
Grad Student
alt_164
Message 3 of 20 (12,008 Views)

Re: The following product information programmed into the system board is missing or invalid.

Please provide the exact product number and details of the problem. Click below to know how to locate product number.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00033108&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_US...

Student
dansimons
Message 4 of 20 (11,994 Views)

We are having the same problem with my daughter's laptop.  We've had it about 2 weeks, it worked great up until today, it froze up totally, could not even shut it down with the power button.  Had to let the battery die out and remove the battery and put it back in to start it up again.  Once we did we got the same error the person above stated.  Here is our model number and stuff.

Compaq Presario CQ62 Notebook PC

Product Number : WQ849UA#ABA

Serial Number : CNF0175NFH

Hopefully this is something that can be fixed at home :/

Dan

Top Student
Eagle_I
Message 5 of 20 (11,984 Views)

Hello,
Try updating to the most current bios available on hp.com

You may refer this document on updating bios.

If this does not help,contact support to have a repair setup.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP
Grad Student
alt_164
Message 6 of 20 (11,973 Views)

I guess the computer is not booting into windows anymore and so updating the bios is not possible anymore.. it really requires service. contact hp to send it for service. 18004746836

Honor Student
jthompson487
Message 7 of 20 (11,548 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi HP employee,

Thanks for responding to this problem. I've experienced the identical problem - and I observed that this problem happens right after you upgrade your "HP Advisor" software. I suspect that there's a glitch in the upgrade software that reverts your serial and product numbers to default being 123456789.  Here's the specifics of my machine:

HP G61 Notebook PC [model number G61 - 408CA]

Product Number : WA966UA#ABC

Serial Number : [text removed for privacy]

I purchased this machine from BestBuy in Feb 2010. It was working fine until I used HP Advisor to upgrade its version yesterday.

Thanks,

James

Honor Student
jthompson487
Message 8 of 20 (11,546 Views)

Dear HP employee,

There's a nasty impact to this problem. My machine now thinks that my Windows 7 operating system is not genuine. This blocks me from updating all of my Windows software.

HELP!

James

Student
karlinius
Message 9 of 20 (11,387 Views)

Same problem  in France

Return the computer to HP

Student
eeyoremd
Message 10 of 20 (10,667 Views)

was anyone ever able to resolve this problem.  i just got this message today.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation