TouchPad suddenly not working (295 Views)
Top Student
itpradeep_2003
Message 1 of 5 (295 Views)
Accepted Solution

TouchPad suddenly not working

Hello Team, I came to you for seeking a last help after browsing forums and taking directions but nothing worked so far.

I am having DV6-1355dx 2010 model. I was working and suddenly touchpad didn't worked. I later shut down the computer and then restarted. After login, again touch pad didn't work. I was unable to find SYnaptics drivers in Control Panel --> Mouse.

I tried to uninstall Synaptics driver and downloaded new version from the Synaptics website. It didn't help.

Since then i was browsing all forums and including this one. I followed the steps posted in this forum for a similar problem but that too didn't help!

Under Device Manager, Mice and other POinting Devices item, I see only 1 driver HID-compliant mouse. Usually i notice Synpactics PS/2 port xxxxx driver under this. It's missing. I don't think this is the touch pad hard ware issue but something related to software. P.s help to find a solution to this problem.

Regards,

Pradeep

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 5 (271 Views)

Re: TouchPad suddenly not working

Hi Pradeep,

Try the following.

First, check if the Touchpad will work in Safe Mode as follows.

Shutdown the notebook.  Tap away at f8 as you start the notebook to enter Windows Recovery Console.  Use the arrow keys to select Safe Mode and hit enter.

If it works in this mode, let me know.

If it doesn't, try the procedure below.

Shutdown the notebook and disconnect any external hardware.  Unplug the AC Adapter and then remove the battery.  Hold  down the Power button for 30 seconds.  Re-insert the battery, plug in the AC Adapter.

Tap away at f10 as soon as you start the notebook to enter the bios menu.  Press f5 to load the defaults ( this is sometimes f9, but the menu at the bottom will show the correct key ), use the arrow keys to select 'Yes' and hit enter.  Press f10 to save the setting and again use the arrow keys to select 'Yes' and hit enter.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Top Student
itpradeep_2003
Message 3 of 5 (262 Views)

David,

Come on. You got to be kidding me! (Actually you were right :smileyhappy: )

I have no idea how this BIOS connects to the Touch Pad. It works like magic. After installating the latest Synapics 16.2.21 from the Synaptics website, I tried your steps.

Safe mode it was not working.

your next suggested procedure made the trick!! Still having no idea how this is connected to the touch pad!

Awesome! My touch pad works as normal as before!

Thanks to you, I will keep these steps so it will be useful for me in the future. Wonderful support.

Regards Pradeep.

Provost
DavidPK
Message 4 of 5 (257 Views)

Hi Pradeep,

You're welcome and good to hear it's working :smileyhappy:

All the best,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Top Student
itpradeep_2003
Message 5 of 5 (238 Views)

David,

Unfortunately your soln only works for few reboots. Since then, I hardware reset almost everytime.

Now I tried it many times but still getting the same problem.

What could be the problem and Solution? I have the latest Synaptics Driver! 15.6.21

URGENT, Pls. help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation