Re: Touchpad won't click. HP ENVY Ultrabook CTO 6t-1100 (537 Views)
Honor Student
FinalEnemy
Message 1 of 4 (555 Views)

Touchpad won't click. HP ENVY Ultrabook CTO 6t-1100

[ Edited ]

My HP ENVY Ultrabook CTO 6t-1100 runs into a recurring problem where the touchpad stops registering clicks. Left, right or center by either clicking the bottom left or tapping the pad.  The cursor will move where it's told with the touchpad, but nothing can be clicked.

Closing the lid and opening it will temporarily solve the issue. Restarting does as well.  After 100+ instances, though, it's a pain and needs to be permanently resolved.

The touchpad is on throughout.

All other fixes on this forum I've found focus on accidentally double tapping the top left of the touchpad and turning the pad off. This isn't the issue; the light's off and the pad is responsive to everything except clicking.

Associate Professor
VJ_R
Message 2 of 4 (537 Views)

Re: Touchpad won't click. HP ENVY Ultrabook CTO 6t-1100

Hi

Go to this link and update the Touchpad and the BIOS for your unit

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4132&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5330...

Hope this helps.

***** Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'*****

****Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution”&"Kudos"if it solves your problem.****

-VJ

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Honor Student
FinalEnemy
Message 3 of 4 (237 Views)

Didn't resolve issue. Delays time between problem recurring, but doesn't solve.

HP
BHK6
Message 4 of 4 (157 Views)

Hi FinalEnemy,

I see that you are having some issues with your TouchPad. Here is an HP document on Using and Troubleshooting the TouchPad. It will give you a couple of options to configure.

If you are still having issues after doing to that document then I recommend that you call HP Total Care at 1-800-474-6836 in North America or visit this link if you are outside of North America.

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation