Question

Student
JWMurphy
Message 1 of 8 (5,248 Views)

Update install issues. HP 2000 Laptop Windows 8

One week old and already having trouble. Set up auto update right out of the box. first time it downloaded a windows update it seemed to lock up at 12% during the update install. 5 to 10 minutes later the computer jumps to restart and starts the update install again. pattern repeats multiple times with longer delays before it restarts. Tried going to Microsoft and downloading the recomended updates, still does the same thing. The only way I've found to stop the loop is to do a manual shut down and use shift F8 on restart to get to the recovery mode, I then used refresh to get back to somewhat normal. What's going on? 

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 8 (5,246 Views)

Re: Update install issues. HP 2000 Laptop Windows 8

Hi,

Please try one of the following methods, you may have to try both:

(a) Update anti virus software if there is one on tour machine,
(b) Uninstall and reinstall Audio and Video drivers using Windows updates.

Source: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2777330

Hope they help.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
DG2 Honor Student
Honor Student
DG2
Message 3 of 8 (5,196 Views)

Same thing here and with no luck on Same laptop. Would you have any other suggestions?
DG2 Honor Student
Honor Student
DG2
Message 4 of 8 (5,144 Views)

Same thing here. I have tried all refered attempts and the same thing happens at 12% and just locks up.
I am glad that this is a cheap laptop. HP, this is a terrible product and can see why other folks are putting company out of business
Distinguished Professor
Kyle_W
Message 5 of 8 (5,084 Views)

I would recommend taking a look at this thread and see if it helps.

http://goo.gl/PguDM
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
DG2 Honor Student
Honor Student
DG2
Message 6 of 8 (5,057 Views)

No luck on that one. I suggest that you up channel to your engineers and try to come up with a hot fix for this. Drivers were replaced. I removed antivirus software all together.
Distinguished Professor
Kyle_W
Message 7 of 8 (5,028 Views)

This issue was due to a Microsoft problem with the sequence of the updates provided in Windows Update. It was supposed to be corrected by Microsoft on December 1. I'm not sure why you are still facing this issue. If I hear anything else I will keep you updated in this thread.

Here is Microsoft's document on the same issue: http://goo.gl/ZcdM2
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Student
lastjedi
Message 8 of 8 (2,156 Views)

i just got my new hp 2000 today and it is constantly freezing right out of the box.i did all the windows updates for it.there was 91 it needed.and it still freezes.i can't even do more than 1 or 2 clicks going to my control panel before it freezes.it freezed on the internet too and i have a great connection.i know it's the pc.i should have never ordered hp.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation