User Profile Service failed logon (5283 Views)
Student
daniand222238
Message 1 of 5 (5,283 Views)

User Profile Service failed logon

I have a HP G62-347CL Notebook with Windows 7. After I turn the computer on I have to choose one of three user accounts. Myself, my husbands or my sons. After I click onto my icon with my name (my account being the only one with administrative status) it promps me for my password. After doing so a message comes onto the screen saying "The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded'. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? I typed in the correct password because when I've typed in the wrong password it says that i have entered the incorrrect password. Please check my spelling and try again,

Distinguished Professor
kamatr
Message 2 of 5 (5,282 Views)

Re: User Profile Service failed logon

This is a known problem in Windows and there is a microsoft support document which addresses this isuse. Refer below link for more info

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!
Top Student
German3554
Message 3 of 5 (5,195 Views)

Thank you very much. Blessings!
Honor Student
SunBaghdad
Message 4 of 5 (4,591 Views)

What if the problem is in windows 8 and f8 doesn't work ?
Top Student
trevevs
Message 5 of 5 (1,008 Views)

Have a 4720s with this issue.  For the life of me cant get it to go into safe mode to fix it!  Pressing F8 IMMEDIATELY after boot and it just seems to be ignored.  Get the BIOS password to enter which I can and a token select screen flashes up, but still no safe mode!  Even forcing it off while booting to invoke startup recovery & "launch startup repair" is highlighted but cant even down arrow select  normal windows startup.  Is this some security feature or something??  Driving me nutts..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation