Question

Honor Student
N30N_N0Va
Message 1 of 3 (286 Views)

When I Start my Laptop the Screen Just Displays Random Colors

Hello, I have a HP 2000-2c10dx laptop that I got around 4 months ago. Everything was working fine until about 3 days ago when I shut down my laptop. My screen displayed a screen that had some random colors but I just ignored it and left it alone. The next morning when I tried to turn it on, the same screen displayed, so I turned it off and left it alone for about half an hour. When I tried to turn it back on an error message came that said something about it not shutting down correctly and that I had to restart my laptop. After I restarted it, it worked fine for the rest of the day. Today, the same screen displayed. I left it alone for about 2 hours and tried to turn it back on, but it didn't work. I started Googling stuff, but nothing I tried worked. Then, I tried searching stuff on the HP forums, and I saw similar problems, but once again nothing worked. Hopefully somebody here can help me.

Just wanted to say to say thanks in advance.

Honor Student
N30N_N0Va
Message 2 of 3 (272 Views)

Re: When I Start my Laptop the Screen Just Displays Random Colors

Also here are some pictures,

Optimized-20131221_144838.jpg

Optimized-20131221_144834.jpg

HP Support Agent
Sparkles1
Message 3 of 3 (209 Views)

Re: When I Start my Laptop the Screen Just Displays Random Colors

HI N30N_N0Va:

Thank you for your inquiry.  I am glad to help!

I understand that you are getting a multicolored  screen on start up.  I am sending you a link   to "Computer Does not Start (Windows 8)"  click here.  If this document does not resolve the issue, I would contact HP support, as it is  a recent purchase you will be in warranty.

Sparkles1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation