Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Ok, I've had this for a few months now and this is getting worse and worse. Even when I disable the touchpad, the cursor still moves frequently to where the mouse pointer is. It's very frustrating, and getting to the point where I don't want to use this notebook anymore. What am I doing wrong? 

dv6-6c40us
A6Y50UA#ABA

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi

You have a couple of options as I see it please find the web link might help you to fix your issue.

Using and Configuring the Touch Pad

Let us know how it goes!

*Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****

****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards

Manjunath

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
HP Recommended
As I said, I have the touchpad _disabled_ and still have these issues.
HP Recommended

As previously stated:

Setting the touchpad sensitivity to maximum so that it needs forceful fingers to move the cursor. . . then disable again.

If it were a rattler. . . .

HP Recommended

My apologies for not being clear enough. After double tapping the top-left corner to disable the touchpad, I *still* have these issues. Since I posted yesterday, the only solution I have found is to manually (through the settings menu) disable the touchpad so that I can type without a headache. This isn't a viable solution as I then have to use the keyboard to manuever from the control panel back to the software I was typing in. Call me a whiner if you like, but isn't that the exact point of being able to disable (and later reenable) the touchpad with the double-tap?

HP Recommended

As previously stated:

Setting the touchpad sensitivity to maximum so that it needs more forceful fingers to move the cursor. . . then double tap to disable again.

Have you gone to preferences? Have you opened it and customized it? Mine would do this hopping until I ajusted it. It would be all over the map, but since I set the preferences I've had no issues.

HP Recommended

Yes, I have. Which is why this is so frustrating. I kept trying less sensitive settings until I maxed them out. This is why it gets annoying, I can 'disable' it from the double-tap option and it failed to solved the hopping cursor issue. However, if I disable it from the control panel (or from the notification icon), I have no issues. 

HP Recommended

Okay, goto Pointing Device Properties, Hardware, update the mouse driver. Hope this works, because it's beginning to sound like an hp hardware issue.

HP Recommended
Did that already, and I'll try it again. I hope it works. =(
HP Recommended
Did the update work? If not, I would seriously consider remanding the laptop to HP for repair.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.