Why does youcam lag? (1578 Views)
Honor Student
alphawolfexc
Message 1 of 8 (1,578 Views)

Why does youcam lag?

My youcam seems to be lagging, I can't seem to figure out why. Anyone know anything about that?

Product name: HP dv7 7027-cl

Windows 7

Brand new lags everytime I use it, I even tried restarting my laptop and turning it off.

Teacher
aansi
Message 2 of 8 (1,575 Views)

Re: Why does youcam lag?

[ Edited ]

u need 2 change the resolution setting at lower like 800 * 600 in Youccam or u need 2 uninstall and restart windows and then reinstall form c:/swsetup/youcam folder

Distinguished Professor
Danjen
Message 3 of 8 (1,572 Views)

Do you have a lot of programs running in the background? Maybe an anti-virus program running a scan? How much memory do you have in your system?

Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may click on the white star in the "Kudos" button for any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks. These feedback tools help keep our community active, so you receive better answers faster.

Honor Student
alphawolfexc
Message 4 of 8 (1,561 Views)

It's literally brand new so no memory was really used at all, and no other programs are running while I use it.

Honor Student
alphawolfexc
Message 5 of 8 (1,560 Views)

I already tried that and that unforunately doesn't change anything :/

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 6 of 8 (1,558 Views)

Hi,
Please write your notebook product number (p/n) and country of purchase.

Resource:
How to Locate the Notebook product number (p/n)

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer
Distinguished Professor
Danjen
Message 7 of 8 (1,533 Views)

If it is brand new out of the box, you may be getting downloads from microsoft for you operating system.  Do you see a yellow-gold shield telling you that updates are ready in the lower right corner?

Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may click on the white star in the "Kudos" button for any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks. These feedback tools help keep our community active, so you receive better answers faster.

Honor Student
HPThomas
Message 8 of 8 (1,390 Views)

[ Edited ]

In version 3.5: Click the "enhance the current video image". Press the "advanced" button at the bottom of the "video enhancement" dialogue box. Click on the Camera Control tab. Uncheck the Low Light Compensation check box. Click ok. Should fix it. Very smooth after turning that option off. The autolighting check box also seems to lighten a bit without lag if you need it. Another common issue - if you have exposure issues where the screen goes dark and you can't adjust it with the exposure slider, go back to the advanced screen and the Camera Control tab and check auto exposure. If you change it manually, you may have to go back and recheck autoexposure again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation