02-27-2013 08:15 AM
I have an HP 6360b laptop, running Windows 7 64-bit, with 4GB RAM. I am regularly getting Low Memory warnings, but looking at the task manager shows that, at any given point, I'm using no more than at most 3GB of RAM; mostly it's around 2.75GB.
Any idea why this is happening? I've even had it refuse to start applications, but it's never using more than 3GB of the 4GB RAM. All I can think is maybe it's related to the shared video memory, which is showing 1.7GB shared.
As it stands my laptop is becoming unusable, as it's coming up with these messages more and more frequently each day, and starting to close applications itself. Yes, I'm running chrome, which is using a lot of memory, but it's not using ALL the memory.
02-27-2013 09:47 AM
My page file is 12GB, and managed by Windows. My system is not actually running out of memory when this happens, I still have over 1GB physical RAM available that is not being used.
02-28-2013 03:17 AM
You quite clearly haven't read my posts. My laptop has 4GB RAM. The amount of page file is managed by Windows; reducing this, regardless of how big Windows itself wants it to be, will not remove spurious Low Memory errors.
My laptop is NOT running out of physical RAM. Windows claims it is running out of memory, when there is still AT LEAST 1GB unused according to Windows' own task manager.
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)