Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Did you try system restore from Advanced boot options? ..If you have performed all the other options then

go ahead and perform the system recovery as it is a pretty new computer. Performing recovery will wipe out all data and will

take it to the factory settings.

Illustration: Troubleshoot screen

On the troubleshoot window click on Recovery Manager then select Windows 8 ==> Under I need help immediately most

likely it'll allow you to select Minimized Recovery only..So click Minimized recovery and follow the Onscreen instructions to

complete the process.

If the above Recovery Manager screen doesnt appear then follow the instructions from this link:

Recovery when Windows 8 does not start correctly

Once recovery completes then perform all the windows updates. Refer the instructions in the post at the bottom of the thread from Dragon-fur...

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I actually didnt have the recovery manager option but pressing the F11 did helped me..

HP Recommended

Great..!!..:smileyhappy:....

So did it fix the issue? Was it recovery that fixed it?

Let us know so that we know the different ways to fix the problem as this issue is happening to a lot of windows 8 systems recently. Thanks..

HP Recommended

yes. It did fixed the issue. Reovered back to Windows 7. I think it is better to stay with windows 7 for the time being!!

HP Recommended
Try using the steps in the following thread to troubleshoot your issue: http://goo.gl/WT4qE
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended
Do you have the Windows 8 discs? I would recommend re-installing the OS on your notebook if you are having this issue.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

If you let the pc restart itself (will take some time) and do the updates manually it will fix. 

You can see the full guide here:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=74C0E9A8C6373F8E!1461&authkey=!AESzCOcfmEftHtg

Let me know if you are still having issues. 

HP Recommended

Dont use windows update to search for and install updates!

I opened windows updates, searched for updates and installed some. Got the problem with it hanging at 12%, tried 2x and same thing both times, i have a HP G6 2288CA brand new with windows 8 pre installed.

Today i got a message from HP Support assistant program that came pre installed, it told me i had updates there, HP Protect smart hard drive protection, qualcomm atheros bluetooth driver, cyberlink power director,

HP software framework, HP wireless button driver, HP UEFI support environment, HP notebook system BIOS update (AMD Processors), and HP quickstart is all it had for me to update. But they all downloaded and installed fine. Some of these were things windows update wasent installing for me so i got some updates.

HP Recommended

My computer does not go to Advanced Troubleshooting mode, keeps on going to "configuring windws update, 12%...", tried to resdtart it already over 10 times... what to do????

HP Recommended

Hi

I also went through all of the Windows Update issues  on Windows 8 when it was first released , as rightly stated that the Audio Driver was/is the issue for the 13% hang scenario, the solution that put this right was a BIOS update that i was prompted to do by HP in August time last year . I no longer have issues with Windows update running Windows 8. 

Checkurtech

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.