Question

Honor Student
maragato
Message 1 of 5 (1,289 Views)

Windows Resume Loader

After returning from hibernation my notebook keeps getting hung up on this screen.:

Windows Resume Loader

The last attempt to resume the system from its previous location failed. Attempt to resume,e again?

(Use the arrow keys to highlight the choice.)

Continue with system resume

Delete restoration data and proceed to system boot menu (This one is highlighted by default)

ENTER=Choose

My problem is that none of the keys (ENTER to choose or Arrow keys to select the other choice) are responding. Only the F (Function) keys will respond. However, after running diagnostics (HDD -OK, Memory- OK, etc.), checking Setup BIOS, etc., I'm still not able to get past that screen. Any suggestions?

HP Pavilion DV7-1260US 17.0-Inch Laptop (2.2 GHz AMD Turion X2 RM-74 Dual-Core Processor, 4 GB RAM, ... OS: (upgraded to Home Win 7, 64)

Thanks.

Maragato

Honor Student
maragato
Message 2 of 5 (1,243 Views)

Re: Windows Resume Loader

Am I the only one in the whole HP notebook community who's experiencing such a problem?  Wow!!!

Student
arolando
Message 3 of 5 (1,226 Views)

My brother-in-law just got this on his notebook, too. (DV9827CL)

We tried to the hard reset (remove battery, press power button, etc) but with no luck.  Hopefully, someone has a fix for this.

Student
spiralant
Message 4 of 5 (1,125 Views)

Hi

Have just experienced this exact problem on my Compaq notebook.  Did anyone manage to find a fix for it in the end?

Any help gratefully received!

Thanks

Ant

Student
pennylambson
Message 5 of 5 (355 Views)

Am having same problem with HP mini 1000.  Just hangs on 'resuming windows'.  Tried reset procedure to set to factory defaults to no avail.  Does anyone have a solution?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation