Question

Honor Student
Nosnicrap
Message 1 of 3 (194 Views)

WmiPrvSE.exe Using 50%CPU

I am running at Pavilion DV6-2114sa on Windows 7 (64bit) Recently I have found that my processor has been running at arox 90%, after looking at Task Manager I find that WmiPrvSE.exe is using upto 60%? I have been looking into this and someone recomened running windows "Process Explorer", I have done this and the process tree for this is: wininit.exe, services.exe, svchost.exe, WmiPrvSE.exe I have looked in services in the admin tools and can not find either "svchost" of "WmiPrvSE" on one of the HP fourms it said that the wirless assistant might cause this, I have removed this program but still high CPU useage??? I have updated my windows and no more updates are required, I have tried updating my HP software automatily using "HP Support Assistant" this will not download the Updates. I have been onto the HP website and downloaded all of the latest drivers etc and installed but still no differance. I was hoping someone might be able to help me find out what is casuing this problem and how I might fix it? Cheers Chris
Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 3 (187 Views)

Re: WmiPrvSE.exe Using 50%CPU

Hi,

It's one part of Windows. Please use the following solution:

http://www.runscanner.net/lib/wmiprvse.exe.html

(Move down to nearly the end).

Good luck.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
Nosnicrap
Message 3 of 3 (175 Views)

Re: WmiPrvSE.exe Using 50%CPU

I have tried this and still no better??

There was one WIndows update that kept failing so cleared the Update chache and it worked, this has not helped with the issue though.

I have been through all programs on my laptop and removed all that are not reqiured or used.

Any other ideas?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation