Question

Student
erintelfer
Message 1 of 2 (621 Views)

arrow keys stopped working

Hi the left/right arrow keys, end button and delete button have stopped working on my HP Pavilion dv6-3134tx Entertainment Notebook PC. I was looking online and some forums say that I may need to click shift/something. What should I do?

Distinguished Professor
Charles001
Message 2 of 2 (608 Views)

Re: arrow keys stopped working

if you need type with these keys now - try use the On-Screen Keyboard - use the mouse to get the key inputs:
Open On-Screen Keyboard by clicking the Start button , clicking All Programs, clicking Accessories, clicking Ease of Access, and then clicking On-Screen Keyboard.
You might try cleaning - some times keyboard issues are due to dirt gets under there, a can of compressed air might solve the problem. Otherwise, keyboard probably need replacement.
======================================================================================
* I am an HP employee. *

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

***Click on White “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!***
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation